AECOM Highways Technician in Newcastle, United Kingdom
Business Line Transportation
Position Title Highways Technician
United Kingdom - Tyne and Wear
Our Highways team currently has a vacancy for a Highways Technician with experience of engineering applications of scheme designs and the use of computer aided design drawing techniques. AECOM are currently expanding their local and national team within the Newcastle office following several major project wins and on-going commissions.
The successful candidate will ideally have some relevant experience within an engineering environment. Ideally they will have been working as part of team developing schemes from initial concept through to implementation. The work will require a background and knowledge of computer aided design techniques including data and drawing management. The role would suit a self motivated individual looking to advance their career in a dynamic team.
The Newcastle office has an established track record of successfully delivering both major and minor highway engineering schemes. Our modern office has multi-disciplinary highway design and planning capability. We are now looking to enhance and grow this team with individuals with a sound technical background that share our enthusiasm and determination to support our expanding workload. The team provides concept, feasibility and preliminary design as well as associated scheme assessment services on a wide range of highway related projects and also supports other AECOM business lines where their projects have a highway interface.
Our highways team is involved in a number of high profile projects with a variety of clients and also comprises feasibility and detailed design expertise. Our clients are from the private and public sector and include Central and numerous Local Authorities across the North East region. We also have a proven track record of successfully delivering projects for the Highways Agency, Integrated Transport Authorities and several international Clients.
Our current portfolio of works comprises a diverse mix of local, national and international highway and infrastructure improvements. A selection of our current and recent projects include:
• Detailed design on the A1 Leeming to Barton Improvement
• Detailed design on the Morpeth Northern Bypass
• Detailed design associated with a major urban realm project in Gateshead
• Preliminary design on highway bypass schemes for Durham City
• Highway improvement schemes for North East Local Authorities
• Highway schemes for motorway and trunk roads across the UK and the Middle East
• Design and construction supervision for the A1 Dishforth to Leeming Improvement
• Technical assistance for the New Wear Crossing
• Detailed design of the approach roads and structures for the New Tyne Crossing
The appropriate level of technical expertise is required in order that the Job / Project Accountabilities listed below can be carried out to the necessary standard:
• Production of data, reports and design calculations for checking and approval
• Produce CAD drawings
• Awareness of Health & Safety policy and procedures
• Attend training that is arranged and maintain a record of such training
• Supports colleagues, seen as a team player
• Shows willingness and enthusiasm, actively contributes to the performance of the team
• Team player
• You will have a grounding in GCSE Maths and Science, preferably studying towards a relevant national certificate in an engineering related discipline• You will have good communication skills• You will be able to demonstrate an understanding of Health and Safety issues• You will have a flexible approach to supporting the business
• You will have a grounding in GCSE Maths and Science, preferably studying towards a relevant national certificate in an engineering related discipline
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Category Designer / Drafting / CADD / CAD
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 163767BR