AECOM Development Engineer in Newcastle, United Kingdom
Business Line Transportation
Position Title Development Engineer
United Kingdom - Tyne and Wear
We have a vacancy within our Development Team in our Newcastle office for a consultant with experience of highway scheme design associated with the Development sector. AECOM are currently expanding their Development team in our northern offices following several major project wins. We are open to considering candidates between Senior Consultant and Senior Technician level. We would consider the role on either a full or part-time basis and are happy to look at a range of different working patterns.
Our current portfolio of works comprises a diverse mix of local and national development related projects.
Internal and external training opportunities will be provided, as well as support and assistance to progress towards a professional qualification.
• Receive project brief and carry out briefing of the junior team members and lead on analysing data, development of design drawings and report production.
• Undertake Health & Safety duties including ensuring a safe and healthy working environment for the project team members and fulfilling all responsibilities for health and safety in design.
• Act as a Project Manager (once accredited) as necessary including monitoring financial performance.
• Ensure technical content and quality of output produced is in line with the project brief.
• Manage sub-consultants to produce deliverables against agreed timescales and in line with budget.
• Attend Project Progress meetings.
• Prepare detailed client briefs or fee proposals for Manager approval and contribute to major bids. Support team manager in mentoring junior staff.
• A solid understanding of highway design principles together with experience in applying relevant technical guidance to produce design drawings to a high standard;
• A good all round knowledge of all aspects of transport planning for developments from strategic appraisal through to transport assessments and traffic engineering.
• Experience in using one or more relevant transport modelling packages e.g. Junctions 9, TRANSYT, LINSIG, etc.
• Proficient user of AutoCAD and familiar with other software such as WINdes and MX;
• The ability to communicate technical concepts and provide a level of supervision to more junior staff
• Ability to work independently, to seek clarity of instructions, check own work before submitting for approval, agree and meet timescales for items of work;
• Good written and spoken communication skills, the ability to think laterally to solve problems and to work as part of a team;
• HND/HNC or equivalent
• Or a graduate with a degree in an analytical subject (e.g. engineering, geography, mathematics, economics).
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Engineering - Transportation
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 161111BR