AECOM Associate Director - Transport Modelling in Newcastle, United Kingdom
Business Line Transportation
Position Title Associate Director - Transport Modelling
United Kingdom - Tyne and Wear
We are looking to recruit a Regional or Associate Director to our Transport Planning team within our Strategic Planning and Advisory business line in our Newcastle office. This role will support our existing team in expanding to meet the demands of our wide portfolio of clients, offering the potential for significant career progression. This is an exciting opportunity for you to join and lead an accomplished team, working on a range of ground breaking and innovative projects at the forefront of Transport Planning. We would consider the role on either a full or part-time basis and are happy to look at a range of different working patterns.
Our team in AECOM plan and evaluate future transport schemes, forecast demand and revenue, undertake economic appraisal, develop business cases as well as determine the relationships between spatial planning and transport. We also undertake transport modelling spanning national, regional and local as well as detailed micro-simulation.
Our current UK public sector clients include the Department of Transport, Transport for London, Highways England as well as a host of local authorities and London boroughs within England. We also have an expanding project portfolio in Europe and Middle East. In the North East of England we work with the majority of the local authorities, the combined authority and the Local Enterprise Partnership.
Role & Responsibilities
To excel in this role, you will ideally come from an analytical background, such as mathematics, economics, geography, or engineering and will have gained an extensive level of experience in the strategic transport modelling sector. We value individuals with a combination of analytical and communication skills, and a creative and enthusiastic approach to problem solving. We are seeking an individual with a proven track record in leading the delivery of strategic modelling projects and good knowledge of wider transport planning issues.
• A high level of experience and technical expertise in highway modelling and appraisal in line with WebTAG guidance
• Some experience of public transport modelling would be an advantage as would experience of transport demand modelling.
• Excellent technical and communication skills
• A successful track record in the management and delivery of a portfolio of transport planning projects including an ability to effectively manage project commercial risks
• Experience in the management and development of teams
• Professional Accreditation such as TPP, CIHT or MICE would be an advantage.
• A good industry profile with the gravitas to represent AECOM with major clients
• Proven ability to prepare technical methodologies within successful proposals for strategic modelling and appraisal projects
Just an example of some of the core benefits offered by AECOM to our employees: 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, company pension scheme, private medical cover, income protection scheme and one paid annual membership fee for an appropriate institution. Our flexible benefits scheme also offers a wide range of benefits enabling you to pick and choose what best suits you.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Category Planning
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 161675BR