AECOM Director- Infrastructure Investments- AECOM Capital in New York, New York
Requisition/Vacancy No. 151739BR
Position Title Director- Infrastructure Investments- AECOM Capital
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Business Line AECOM Corporate
Country United States of America
State/Province/Region USA - New York
City New York
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
Our teams provide the strategic guidance that shapes the vision and direction for AECOM. We enable the success of our employees and our operations by ensuring they have the tools, information, resources and support they need to do their jobs.
Location: New York City
The Director of Infrastructure investments will be a key member of the AECOM Capital investment team and take on significant responsibility as they work alongside the senior investment team pursuing opportunities in the Energy, Transportation, 21 st Century, Fiber, Water, and the broader infrastructure space.
YEAR ONE CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Helping lead the analytic and strategic due diligence for new investment opportunities
- Leading deal execution for transactions including deal structuring, evaluating optimal capital structure, sourcing and negotiating bank financing, negotiating management compensation, leading investment diligence, and deal closing
Post-investment Portfolio Company Support
Participating in the ongoing management and monitoring of both the financial and operational aspects of portfolio investments and regular reporting to LPs and investment partners
Working with management teams to formulate and lead strategic initiatives to enhance growth and/or drive operational improvements.
Liaising with external third parties, including industry associations, lawyers, accountants, management consultants, and bankers
Undertaking leadership roles within the partnership in respect of building and developing the firm
Understanding the Business
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player and demonstrated potential to be a senior investment team member and promotability to Managing Director
Making Complex Decisions
- Preference for experience leading investments in the energy, industrial or infrastructure sectors
Keeping on Point
- Ability to deeply and thoroughly analyze and dissect a company, i.e. understanding the components and drivers of success beyond the financials
Getting Work Done Through Others
- Personality, mindset, and investment approach that fits well with an entrepreneurial, growing firm while also providing development for the junior members of the team
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills and the ability to interact effectively with company founders and management teams
- Presence and self-confidence to interface with the key constituents of the firm including management teams of companies, deal sources, service providers and others
- A pattern of excellence, both personally and professionally, demonstrated by the individual’s education, career track record, intellect, and professional reputation
Acting with Honor and Character
- Self-awareness, maturity, irreproachable integrity
- Extraordinarily strong quantitative skills and analytical horsepower
Minimum of a 4 year degree
Minimum of 3 years of principal investing experience, or investment banking experience focused on infrastructure, gained through progressive training at a private equity or Infrastructure Investment Firm.
A demonstrable record of successfully working on the underwriting and assisting or overseeing the execution of principal investments in the broader Infrastructure sector.
A robust knowledge of the Infrastructure and Real Assets industry, with a relationship network of investment bankers, operating executives etc.
MBA or a JD an advantage
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.