AECOM ITS Traffic Management Center Operator in Morrisville, North Carolina
Requisition/Vacancy No. 151142BR
Position Title ITS Traffic Management Center Operator
Job Category Transportation Operations Management / Traffic Monitoring
Business Line Construction Services
Country United States of America
State/Province/Region USA - North Carolina
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
Our talented experts are dedicated to managing the complexity inherent in construction projects, catering to each client’s unique needs. We provide services such as program management, construction management and owner’s representation to our clients around the globe.
AECOM is seeking an ITS –TMC Operator (Intelligent Transportation System - Traffic Management Center), to be based at the call center (NC TA / NC Quick Pass), at Morrisville, NC. Applicant must be able to work various shifts as this is a 24/7 operation.
Utilize Smartlink software to monitor Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) and Vehicle Detection System (VDS) on the Triangle Expressway and other NCTA facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This position includes but is not limited to the following functions:
• Monitor the CCTV and VDS.
• Identify and respond to incidents detected and/or reported by others.
• Coordinate incident response with Incident Management Assistance Patrol (IMAP); local police, fire and emergency responders; and Roadway Maintenance contractor per defined Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Posting and monitoring information on Dynamic Message Signs (DMSs).
• Record all Control Room activities in incident database and other logs as defined in SOPs.
• Create and submit internal Work Orders for equipment failures or malfunctions. Coordinate repairs with the ITS Maintenance Contractor.
• Record any damage to NCTA facilities and report to Roadway Maintenance Contractor.
• Generate, receive, and respond to any calls pertaining to traffic management activities.
• Accurately complete assigned administrative requirements.
• During emergency situations, works extended hours and assume extra duties as needed.
• Conduct manual traffic counts via CCTV on an as-needed basis.
• Perform toll image review, nixie processing, and DMS/scanning as a supplementary task to core incident management functions.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Control Room Shift Supervisor or TMC Operations Manager.
• Proof of High School Diploma or Graduate Equivalency Diploma (GED).
• Experienced in and/or knowledgeable of traffic monitoring and traffic control systems.
• Minimum of one (1) year operator experience at a Traffic Management Center (TMC) or a control room environment.
• Outstanding verbal communication skills (phone etiquette).
• Detail oriented, ability to multi-task, and highly organized.
• Strong data entry and computer skills
• Ability to work under stress and in moments of crisis
• Must be able to meet exceptional levels of quality and meet performance standards required by the contract.
• Must be flexible and can adjust to other duties of the CSC based on business needs.
- Geographic familiarity with Triangle region with specific focus on Interstate system.
Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
License/Registrations: North Carolina Driver’s License in good standing.
Relocation benefits are not available for this position.
This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.