AECOM Graphic Designer in Melbourne, Australia
Requisition/Vacancy No. 148741BR
Position Title Graphic Designer
Job Category Marketing
Business Line Support/Cross Services
State/Province/Region AU - Victoria
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
AECOM Shared Services
We support our employees globally by coordinating and managing the day-to-day operations of General Accounting, Human Resources, Administration, Marketing and Information Technology. We pride ourselves on ensuring we deliver the best customer service possible to our people while building trust and relationships with all of our constituents.
Our Melbourne office is seeking a Graphic Designer to join our Australia New Zealand (ANZ) Marketing and Communications team. Reporting to the Communications Manager – Australia New Zealand, you’ll be part of a team of content developers, online specialists, creatives and marketing professionals working across AECOM’s three ANZ regions. With an internal focus, your work will enable our multi-disciplinary team of planners, engineers, project managers and scientists deliver for our clients on-time, every time.
You’ll drive team engagement through leading the development of visual communications campaigns and presentations that ‘pop’. We’re talking internal EDM and social campaigns, videos, printed collateral, executive presentations – the lot. It’s high-volume work where no two days are the same and no job is too big – or small – and work that informs and delights our team members across Australia and New Zealand.
You’ll be thinking outside the box, challenging the status quo, and sharing ideas with a team who work together to enable AECOM’s business success. Big ideas. Bold thinking. High-level and progressive conceptual/design skills. A team player. A sense of humour.
That’s what we’re after.
Do you fit the brief?
• Provide visual strategy guidance and assistance to marketing teams and senior leaders, and deliver appropriate creative design concepts for internal presentations and campaigns across print and digital platforms, all within AECOM’s brand guidelines.
- Develop collateral and material processes to support internal communications campaigns.
• Work with regional teams on print campaigns, including publications, infographics, video material, client alerts, multimedia.
• Push the boundaries of AECOM’s brand guidelines.
• Research and develop new ways of presenting our brand.
• Coordinate production and distribution of printed materials.
• Create and edit materials for large events and campaigns.
• Contribute to production and post-production of videos for internal audiences (highly regarded).
• Overhaul, manage and promote AECOM’s internal photography library (MediaBIN)
Experience in developing innovative design concepts in a corporate environment.
Proactivity – Speed – Responsiveness (our team’s mantra).
A sense of humour (non-negotiable; we like to laugh).
Experience in taking creative briefs, following processes and procedures.
Print production experience.
Strong interpersonal, collaborative and relationship building skills.
Strong attention to detail.
Highly effective written and oral communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of users and technical staff
• Tertiary design qualification or relevant design courses.
• Competent in MS Office, Powerpoint and Adobe Creative Suite.
• 5+ years of experience in creative design concepts and project management.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.