AECOM Senior Structural Engineer in Manchester, United Kingdom
Business Line Energy
Position Title Senior Structural Engineer
United Kingdom - Lancashire
AECOM are recruiting for a Senior Structural Engineer to join our Manchester team. The person appointed will play a key role in the design and construction of major structural schemes. This role will require the ability to manage the technical delivery of multi-disciplinary schemes, necessitating a background ideally in structural design, but civil engineering and associated fields may also be relevant. Chartership with a relevant professional body would also be advantageous.
This role will require a thorough appreciation of both international and UK engineering design standards and their practical impact within the field of nuclear engineering design. This will ideally be demonstrated through a proven, successful track record across all stages of project lifecycle in the delivery of either nuclear or major infrastructure scheme design.
• Experienced in the use of structural design software eg Robot/Building Designer etc
• Structural design of elements in a range of materials particularly steel and concrete in accordance with Eurocodes.
• Reporting on the structural condition of existing buildings
• Has worked within a multi-disciplinary or engineering consultancy
• 5 years + consultancy experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrable technical review/assurance skills
• Willingness to travel occasionally
• Has multi-sector and international experience
• Experience of working on industrial projects
• Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in Civil/Structural Engineering
• Close to achieving CEng qualification
• Chartered Engineer
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Category Engineering - Structural
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 161156BR