AECOM Senior Civil Engineer in Manchester, United Kingdom
Requisition/Vacancy No. 152577BR
Position Title Senior Civil Engineer
Job Category Engineering - Industrial
Business Line Energy
Country United Kingdom
State/Province/Region GBR - Lancashire
About the Business Line
We address the complete spectrum of energy challenges, including clean and renewable energy, energy efficiency and carbon management, hydropower and dams, thermal, geothermal and wind power generation, and transmission and distribution.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Civil/Infrastructure Engineer to join our well established team in our centrally located Manchester office.
We are looking for a Civil /Infrastructure design engineer at senior level to undertake complex, multi-million pound infrastructure projects involving highways and, industrial development external works, drainage & SUDs, services/utilities assessments, general civil engineering, managing demolition and site remediation schemes, NEC3 Project Management and contract administration.
This role will be based in Manchester and will work closely with other teams within our Business Unit located in offices in Leeds and Warrington. The Business Unit is highly multi-disciplinary comprising civil & highway, structural, mechanical and electrical /process engineers, architects, project managers and surveyors. Our market sectors range from industrial development and logistics, airports , power and transmission including nuclear new build associated works, waste, energy from waste, oil and gas, infrastructure development/regeneration and Government Agency work. Our key commissions include;
• Manchester & Stansted Airport Expansion programmes including Highway Links
• National Grid Frameworks
• Media City and other Mixed Use Developments
• Energy from Waste Plants at Buckinghamshire and Severnside
• Foreign & Commonwealth Office Framework
• Merseytravel Framework
• New Wylfa Power Station Associated Development Highway Improvements
• Homes & Communities Multi-disciplinary Framework
• The business unit also currently work on overseas projects including South East Asia University
• Cyprus University and various MOD Airfields.
You will be conversant with current regulations eg DMRB , local authority standards and requirements and preferably Eurocodes. We anticipate the role will involve leading in discussions with adopting authorities, utility companies, the Environment Agency and LLFAs.
You should have the following skills and experience
• Capability in MX , PDS or Civils 3D and major project expertise will be an advantage. Suitable experience necessary, however demonstrable design expertise is key.
• Design experience of highway, drainage and/or regeneration schemes
• Proficient in the use of Civils 3D and Windes Microdrainage software packages ideally or possibly an excellent capability in MX and/or PDS will be considered.
The successful Senior Civil/Infrastructure Engineer will ideally have/be:
M.Eng in Civil Engineering or Civil & Structural Engineering and/or near Chartered Engineer status.
What We Offer
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.