AECOM Senior Bid Manager in Manchester, United Kingdom
Requisition/Vacancy No. 148602BR
Position Title Senior Bid Manager
Job Category Engineering - Power
Business Line Energy
Country United Kingdom
State/Province/Region GBR - Lancashire
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
We address the complete spectrum of energy challenges, including clean and renewable energy, energy efficiency and carbon management, hydropower and dams, thermal, geothermal and wind power generation, and transmission and distribution.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Bid Manager to join our Resources & Industry team which manages opportunities in the industrial, oil & gas and power markets. This position will be based in our Manchester office.
As the Senior Bid Manager you will work closely with senior operational staff to convert major and strategic pursuits into successful wins. You will be responsible for the end-to-end bid process, planning and managing activities across a range of markets and identifying and delivering win strategies.
You will report to the Resources & Industry Business Development Director and will work proactively to develop, support and actively engage in initiatives to maximise win rates.
You will have the following responsibilities:
• Plan, co-ordinate and programme manage the entire bid process for major and strategic pursuits using best practice bidding techniques.
• Design and implement win strategies that are highly responsive to the decision maker’s issues/hot buttons and vision.
• Facilitate the development and completion of proposals through the gathering of technical, commercial and financial information from a wide range of sources, from all corners of the business, in a structured manner.
• Actively contribute to the corporate knowledge base of bid collateral.
• Coaching and mentoring on proposal best practices and persuasive writing approaches, as well as running rehearsals for all strategic pursuit presentations.
• Collate, manage and disseminate critical information which could support other bid drives and champion best practice bidding.
• Develop and implement capture plans on strategic pursuits.
• Review, edit and write content.
• Develop messaging and materials for presentations.
• Conduct bid debriefs (internal & external).
• Develop and implement training for the sector to champion best practice.
The successful candidate will be able to quickly establish relationships with stakeholders, influence peers in best practice bidding techniques and operate in a collaborative and diplomatic manner.
Proven track record of bid management, ideally gained within the construction sector
• A natural communicator with excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
• Excellent time management skills and able to prioritise a busy schedule and workload.
• Experience of a structured bid process such as Shipley or similar would be preferred.
• Some UK travel will be required to work with teams based across the UK.
• Ideally educated to degree level in a relevant subject.
• APMP Foundation or Practitioner certification would be beneficial.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.