AECOM Senior Architectural Technologist in Manchester, United Kingdom
Business Line Energy
Position Title Senior Architectural Technologist
United Kingdom - Lancashire
As a Senior Architectural Technologist or Technician you will work with senior members of our teams on a wide range of projects at all stages of the design and construction process. From day one, you will be involved in and take a key role in important and challenging projects. Every day will be different, and you will be required to use your skills and knowledge to solve problems and provide key input into our projects. You will work in a team to provide technical solutions, and your day could involve anything from producing designs, specifications and calculations, to assisting in technical reports, travelling to construction sites or participating in client meetings.
• Assisting in the preparation of conceptual design work and the presentation of projects.
• Assisting in the development of project proposals and feasibility studies.
• Assisting in the technical delivery and implementation of projects including preparing working drawings, specifications and contract documentation.
The Architecture Practice is a key, lead design function within Industry with growing teams to support its workload. However about half of the Practice’s work is with other AECOM businesses, designing offices, local authority projects, schools, emergency services buildings, airport facilities, prisons, railway stations and depots.
The Practice is proud of its high quality work, is fully BIM enabled and produces high quality 4D visualizations.
Forward workload is very buoyant and growing with several large frameworks and projects recently won. The Practice is therefore recruiting exceptional and ambitious Senior Architectural Technologists or Technicians to join its busy design studios in Manchester, Teesside and Edinburgh
• HNC, BA, BSc or equivalent architectural technology qualification.
• Strong spatial and technical ability with strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Excellent computer graphic skills.
• Sound knowledge of AutoCAD, Adobe and the MS suite of programmes.
• Eligible to work in the UK
• Excellent 3D computer and / or CGI visualization skills will be an advantage.
• Experience of BIM / Revit.
• Interest in all aspects of architecture and construction technology from concept to detail design.
• Ambitious, energetic and hard-working. Highly motivated with excellent communication skills.
• At least 10 years relevant work experience in architect or architectural technology practices.
HNC, BA, BSc or equivalent architectural technology qualification
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Engineering - Industrial
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 151139BR