AECOM Senior Architect in Manchester, United Kingdom
Business Line Energy
Position Title Senior Architect
United Kingdom - Lancashire
We are looking to recruit a Senior Architect to join our experienced design studio in Manchester.
You will work with the senior managers of our teams on a range of projects at all stages of the design and construction process. From day one, you will have responsibility for some important and challenging projects. Every day will be different, and you will be required to use your skills and knowledge to help solve problems and provide input into our projects. You will work in and manage teams to provide technical solutions, and your day could involve anything from producing designs, specifications, calculations and technical reports, to attending client and site meetings.
• Managing the preparation of conceptual design work and the presentation of projects.
• Managing the development of project feasibility studies and proposals.
• Managing the technical delivery and implementation of projects including preparation of working drawings and specifications and the administration of contracts
The architecture practice is a key, lead design function within Industry with growing teams to support its workload. However about half of the practice’s work is with other AECOM businesses, designing offices, local authority projects, schools, emergency services buildings, airport facilities, prisons, railway stations and depots.
The practice is proud of its high quality work, is fully BIM enabled and produces high quality 4D visualizations.
Forward workload is very buoyant and growing with several large frameworks and projects recently won, we are therefore looking for candidates to join us in our busy design studios in Manchester, Teesside and Edinburgh.
You will be able to take advantage of various training modules provided via AECOM University. These which will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. The training modules are designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future.
We demand high standards will provide you with all the support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions
• BA, B.Arch. MA. M.Arch or equivalent graduate and post graduate architectural qualifications.
• ARB Registered
• Good spatial and technical ability with good analytical and organizational skills.
• Good hand drawing and computer graphic skills.
• Knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, BIM, Adobe, In-Design and the MS suite of programmes.
• Demonstrated project management experience will be an advantage.
• Interest in all aspects of architecture and construction technology from concept to detail design.
• Ambitious, energetic and hard-working. Highly motivated with good communication skills.
• Significant experience in an architectural practice.
• RIBA member
You will have the relevant qualifications such as BA, B.Arch. MA. M.Arch or equivalent graduate and post graduate architectural qualifications, you should also be ARB Registered.
Closing date for applications will be 13th July 2017
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Engineering - Industrial
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 161468BR