AECOM Regional Director - Development Planning & Engineering in Manchester, United Kingdom
Business Line Transportation
Position Title Regional Director - Development Planning & Engineering
United Kingdom - Manchester
Our North West Transportation business line is seeking a Director to join the Development Planning and Engineering group based in the North West of England. We would consider candidates at Regional Director or Associate Director level for this role, dependent on experience. This group of over twenty specialist staff are based in offices across the region, including Manchester and Liverpool and the base for this vacancy is negotiable. We would also consider the role on either a full or part-time basis and are happy to look at a range of different working patterns. The successful candidate would join the senior management team of the group with a focus on project delivery and business development.
Our wide range of clients are primarily from the private sector in the UK and overseas and include developers, land owners, house builders, blue chip companies, universities, local authorities and contractors. The teams also work on a number of multi-disciplinary projects as part of a wider team with their colleagues in AECOM.
• Overall responsibility for delivery of projects to contractual arrangements and the financial outcome agreed;
• Facing and Liaising with senior stakeholders, including Client Project Directors (or equivalent) to resolve issues early and safeguard our interests;
• Presenting to clients and key stakeholders in a professional, responsive and client focused manner;
• Receive project brief and carry out briefing of the team members and lead on analysing data, development of design drawings and report production;
• Undertake Health & Safety duties including ensuring a safe and healthy working environment for the project team members and fulfilling all responsibilities for health and safety in design;
• Act as a Project Manager/Director (once accredited) as necessary including monitoring financial performance;
• Ensure technical content and quality of output produced is in line with the project brief;
• Attend Project Progress meetings along with necessary client meetings;
• Prepare detailed client briefs or fee proposals for client submission and contribute to major bids;
• Liaise with current and proposed clients to develop repeat and new business for the company;
• Establishing strong working relationships with other internal teams within AECOM’s global capabilities;
• Lead on business development and work winning within the region with both public and private sector clients;
• Mentoring and supporting the development of Project Managers;
• Expanding the AECOM business and assisting with the delivery of business targets.
• Successful track record of building client relationships and identifying, pursuing and winning work;
• A highly motivated individual with a passion for succeeding and developing an industry leading transportation team;
• Solid experience working at a senior level;
• Proven business leader and a recognised technical expert within the within the transportation sector;
• A senior professional with proven experience in the successful delivery transportation projects for both public and private sector clients;
• High degree of competence in project management and commercially aware;
• Excellent communicator (both written and verbal) with strong negotiation skills.
• Degree in Civil &/or Transportation Engineering.
• Membership of a relevant professional body
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Engineering - Transportation
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 161683BR