AECOM Project Manager in Manchester, United Kingdom
Business Line Energy
Position Title Project Manager
United Kingdom - Lancashire
We are currently recruiting for a Project Manager to join our well established multi-disciplinary (Resources & Industry) team in our centrally located Manchester office.
The work will typically involve working within project teams delivering major project work in sectors including aviation/aerospace, industry & logistics, waste , power, nuclear and infrastructure regeneration. The Manchester business comprises a large team of engineers, architects , planners and other specialists with strong opportunities for challenging project work and career progression within a growing team.
Ideally an engineer or other technically educated professional conversant in building/infrastructure/industrial development processes, such that in this client facing role, the PM is able to guide technical discussions and make project decisions.
• Demonstrable experience of management of construction projects, either as developer, consultant or management contractor.
• Willingness to accept delivery responsibility.
• Able to collate, analyse and act upon complex and diverse information from a variety of sources and give advice for project level decision making.
• Demonstrable understanding of the conflicting requirements of Lenders, Developers, Contractors and regulatory stakeholders.
• Ability to influence and motivate stakeholders within a complex environment.
• Willingness to travel intermittently both in the UK and globally.
• Technical competence, experience of working within a multi-disciplinary engineering/architectural environment.
• Self-motivation, ability to use own initiative.
• Flexible, problem solving approach.
• Excellent written and spoken English with ability to explain technical issues to non-engineers, including Clients.
• Ability to lead and present at meetings.
• The successful candidate will be required to produce and review reports for clients and so attention to detail is paramount.
• Excellent IT skills particularly MS Excel/Word/Project and PowerPoint.
• Familiar with financial management systems for cost , invoice and resource monitoring and reporting
We are looking for candidates who are qualified in the following areas;
• Major scale construction projects.
• Projects involving statutory/regulatory stake holders.
• Projects with sensitive environmental stakeholders and controls.
• Industry design and construction standards, practices and specifications.
( If an internal candidate : ideally accredited to use AECOM’s Financial Management System APIC , ABC or ePM)
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Program and Project Management
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 158487BR