AECOM Director, PCC Leader for North of England in Manchester, United Kingdom
Requisition/Vacancy No. 150445BR
Position Title Director, PCC Leader for North of England
Job Category Cost Management and Consulting Services
Business Line Program, Cost, Consultancy
Country United Kingdom
State/Province/Region GBR - Manchester
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
Program, Cost, Consultancy
We provide cost and project management services, and specialist consultancy services, to public- and private-sector clients around the world, with a strong presence in Africa, Australia and New Zealand, Europe, the Middle East and the United States.
AECOM is recruiting for a Director to lead the North England project, cost and consultancy (PCC) team, to continue to build and develop on it's successes and growth.
As Director you will lead the PCC practice across the region, ideally based in Manchester while servicing Liverpool and Leeds also, where we have successfully carried out project and cost management work with many high profile clients and some of the largest projects within the North England region.
Reporting to the Business Unit Leader.
• Your sector expertise will be in Buildings, Commercial, Property etc and you will work closely with our PCC Infrastructure lead to develop an integrated PCC team working across the region
• The role will entail being a key member of the national PCC leadership team and regional Business Unit leadership team
• The role will entail direct client liaising, lead as commission / account managers together with overseeing the overall project and commercial management team with their duties
• The role will require a passion for first class service delivery, implementing best practice and continuous improvement and promoting AECOM externally
• Contribute to the overall and operational management of AECOM across the North England region. To act as the key, day to day client interface, ensuring that client objectives are met
• To be specifically responsible for delegated business development / marketing objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To provide oversight / strategic guidance /audit & review, to a portfolio of projects being lead within the cost centre
• To be specifically responsible for delegated business development / marketing tasks
• To provide effective Line Management to AD’s, SQSs, QSs and AQSs
• As Director you will be assessed by the extent to which:
• Commissions are managed to the right quality standards and are completed efficiently and on time
• General line management responsibilities are effectively discharged and the cost management team is led effectively
• Strong relationships are developed with clients and members of the cross-functional team
• Business development opportunities with existing and new clients, including cross- selling opportunities, are identified and acted upon
• Be the primary interface with AECOM clients (New and Existing)
• Provide leadership within project and commercial management business and provide leadership and mentoring to the team
• Ensure all staff members within the team have current and relevant training
• Manage the delivery of team outputs, in accordance with agreed time-scales and quality standards
• Co-ordination and sign off on all management information produced by the teams prior to issue
• To ‘win’ clients through strong business development skills
• Management of tender documents, appraisals and negotiations
• Experience at a leadership level in a comparative business;
• Extensive experience acting in a leadership capacity
• Track record of managing teams
• Excellent communication and organisational skills;
• Highly motivated and with excellent industry network;
• Possess the ability to work across service lines (a track record of cross selling would be useful)
• Commercial experience is essential along with a proven track record of winning and retaining new Clients
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.