AECOM Development Engineer in Manchester, United Kingdom
Requisition/Vacancy No. 151238BR
Position Title Development Engineer
Job Category Engineering - Transportation
Business Line Transportation
Country United Kingdom
State/Province/Region GBR - Greater Manchester
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
We are currently recruiting for an Engineer to join our centrally located Manchester office. The role would suit aself motivatedindividual looking to advance their career in a dynamic team. The Manchester office has an established track record of successfully delivering a wide variety of projects to both local and national clients.
Our modern office is based in Manchester city centre and accommodates multidisciplinary teams within the transportation sector and across the wider disciplines of the AECOM business. The Development team in Manchester comprises individuals with wide ranging capability and experience. The diversity of skills means that they are able to service the majority of local client needs with support from specialists within AECOM. The team is involved in local and national projects with a variety of clients. The multi-disciplinary nature of the office also means that we are able to offer clients a true ‘one stop shop’. Our current portfolio of works comprises a diverse mix of local and national development related projects.
The team is involved in local and national projects with a variety of clients. Our current portfolio of works comprises a diverse mix of local and national development related projects. A selection of our current and recent projects includes highway design and site assistance for the University of Sheffield, highway design and project management work for Liverpool City Council, Wind Farms for Renewable Energy Systems and Frameworks with National Grid.
As an Engineer your responsibilities will include:
• Develop outlineand detailed designs.
• Obtain design information from sub-consultants.
• Produce detailed design information including calculations and design sketches.
• Liaise with CAD Technician for productionof drawings.
• Prepare technical reports and send detailed design information to external parties.
• Formulate the project specifications for construction.
• Respond to queries resulting from the tender process.
• Attend site during construction phase if necessary to ensure construction is in accordance with specifications/drawings.
• Carry out risk assessments and provision of design information for Health and Safety.
• Ensure technical content and quality of output produced is in line with the project brief.
• Manage sub-consultants to produce deliverables against agreed timescales and in line with budget.
• Attend Project Progress meetings.
• Prepare detailed client briefs or fee proposals for Manager approval and contribute to major bids.
• Experience of highway design associated with development projects at concept, feasibility and detailed design level.
• Proven design and project management experience delivering to quality, time and budget.
• Experience of working as part of project teams developing detailed design packages for developments to enable the production of Section 278 and Section 38 agreements.
• Understanding of Health and Safety including CDM responsibilities.
• Application and use of the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB), Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions (TSRGD) and Traffic Signs Manuals as well as other relevant design guidelines.
• Proficient user of AutoCAD and familiar with other software such as WINdes and Civils 3D;
• Appreciation of traffic modelling and ability to interrogate outputs.
• Ideally you’ll have knowledge of undertaking urban realm design.
• Understanding of the planning process and associated procedure both pre and post approval.
• BSc, BEng or MEng degree in Civil Engineering or other relevant subject.
• Working towards a professional qualification with ICE or CIHT.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.