AECOM BIM Coordinator in Manchester, United Kingdom
Requisition/Vacancy No. 151133BR
Position Title BIM Coordinator
Job Category Engineering - Industrial
Business Line Energy
Country United Kingdom
State/Province/Region GBR - Lancashire
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
We address the complete spectrum of energy challenges, including clean and renewable energy, energy efficiency and carbon management, hydropower and dams, thermal, geothermal and wind power generation, and transmission and distribution.
As a BIM Coordinator you will work with senior members of our teams on a range of projects at all stages of the design and construction process. From day one, you will be involved in and take a key role in some important and challenging projects. Every day will be different, and you will be required to use your skills and knowledge of BIM to help our project teams provide technical solutions. Your day could involve implementing BIM plans, appraising and checking the coordination of BIM models, travelling to sites or attending client meetings.
• Maintaining AECOM’s BIM Standards in conjunction with other AECOM BIM coordinators.
• Appraising and advising on information requirements for BIM / BIM level issued by AECOM’s clients.
• Appraising and advising on requirements for common data environments issued by AECOM’s clients.
• Implementing AECOM’s BIM Healthy Start process on all projects.
• Preparing BIM execution plans, Revit templates and agreeing drawing file and naming conventions.
• Coordinating architectural and engineering teams in the implementation of BIM and in the use of Revit.
• Carrying out periodic clash detection checks on projects, issuing models, minutes and reports on this.
• Production of COBie data drops or similar (eg COBie-UK-2012 Version 2.4).
• In addition to the above you may be required to assist in the production of models and drawings.
• Graduate (preferably post graduate) or similar qualification in BIM. Alternatively a more senior candidate with demonstrable BIM experience
• Good spatial and technical ability with good analytical and organizational skills.
• In depth knowledge of PAS BS1192 and other relevant BIM standards and codes.
• Excellent knowledge and experience of Autodesk suite of programmes including AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks, with in-depth knowledge and experience of using a common data environment
• Eligible to work in the UK.
• Interest in all aspects of architecture, engineering and construction technology
• Ambitious, energetic and hard-working. Highly motivated with good communication skills.
• Previous experience of coordinating BIM in an architectural or engineering practice.
Graduate or similar qualification in BIM.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.