AECOM Senior Inspector Of Works (Marine),Bahrain in Manama, Bahrain
Requisition/Vacancy No. 148930BR
Position Title Senior Inspector Of Works (Marine),Bahrain
Job Category Engineering - Transportation
Business Line Transportation
State/Province/Region BH - Al Asimah
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
AECOM is seeking an experienced Senior Inspector for a major project located in Bahrain.
• Assist in planning the ongoing and day to day operations of a fleet of marine equipment.
• Assist in organising the manning of vessels according to changing circumstances.
• Ensuring the safe working practices are carried out according to company safety regulations.
• Diagnosing and troubleshooting problem areas of a technical nature.
• Assisting in the preparation of method statements involving marine works.
• Act as the interface between client on site representatives and company managers.
• Co-ordinate with sub contactors site supervision personnel.
• Maintaining an up to date drawing file on each job & continually assist in reviewing drawings and specifications.
• Reporting daily on progress, material deliveries, design errors, number / type of contractors / equipment.
• Writing and compiling daily and weekly reports according to project requirements.
Specific Skills Required
• Must have a good background in marine works including: Marine Piling, Rock Placing, Revetment Construction and Dredging Activities
• Familiar with different types of marine equipment such as: Hopper Dredgers, Cutter Suction Dredgers, Backhoe Dredgers, Clamshell Dredgers, Dipper Dredgers, Agitation Dredgers, Air Lift Systems, Marine Piling Rigs, Heavy Lift Floating Cranes, Tugboats, Workboats, Jack Up Barges, Equipment Barges, Materials Barges, Pontoons, Floating Pipelines.
• Must have a good working knowledge of: Welding practices, Rigging, Wire Splicing, Rope Splicing, Scuba Diving Technique
• Must be able to organize, analyze, and evaluate technical data to solve detailed engineering problems
• Must have knowledge of modelling techniques
• Must be able to make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way
• Customer focus
• Should be flexible and willing to travel to other offices and client offices
5 years of experience in supervision of dredging, reclamation and marine construction work within Middle East/UAE preferably in the consulting industry
Diploma in Civil Engineering or Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or similar
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.