AECOM Tunnelling Engineer in Madrid, Spain
Business Line Transportation
Position Title Tunnelling Engineer
Spain - Madrid
At AECOM we deliver a wide range of projects, from client based delivery through to the detailed design for Design and Construct contractors. We pride ourselves on our technical excellence, offering buildable and safe design solutions on high profile challenging projects.
We are actively looking to expand our core tunnelling and geotechnical business with the appointment of a Tunnelling Engineer within the geotechnical and tunnelling team, willing to further develop his/her career at Tunnelling and Geotechnical field, by taking advantage of structural engineering experience/background.
We offer the opportunity to work on some of the largest and most challenging tunnelling projects. Career progression and employee development are key to AECOM's success. We provide the necessary support and opportunity for our team members to grow and improve their technical ability. His/her competencies and duties should include: Tunnel and retaining structures design (calculations, specifications, drawings...) and Geotechnical designs (excavations, earthworks, soil improvement/reinforcement, foundations...)
· Civil Engineer (minimum 3 years of experience)
· Required experience at Structural Design / Calculations (at least 2 years).
· Positively valued experience at Tunnel and/or Geotechnical engineering.
RIDO, CYPE (Embedded retaining walls / Steel sheet pilings), MIDAS-Civil, STATIK / CEDRUS (Cubus).
FAGUS (Cubus), Structural Bridge Design / Sam (AutoDesk).
GEOSLOPE, ROCSCIENCE, FLAC, PHASE2, GTS, FINE(GEO5)
AutoCAD, Excel, Presto
· Codes / Standards: Spanish codes, AASHTO / ACI /ASTM, Eurocodes.
• Languages: English (Upper-intermediate / Advanced), French (positively valued).
· Communication skills (both speaking and writing).
· Learning ability.
· Methodical and clear way of working.
· Interest in achieving a high specialization in Geotechnics and/or Tunnelling.
· Willingness to face different task, both technical and auxiliary.
· Availability to travel and work for specific short and medium periods of time in other countries.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Engineering - Civil
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 156418BR