AECOM MEP Tunnel Senior Engineer in Madrid, Spain
Requisition/Vacancy No. 151125BR
Position Title MEP Tunnel Senior Engineer
Job Category Engineering - Mechanical
Business Line Transportation
State/Province/Region ES - Madrid
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
The Transportation division of AECOM is actively seeking a Tunnel Ventilation Engineer for immediate employment in our Madrid office. This position will provide an opportunity to work within a specialized group of professionals in the assessment and development of conceptual, preliminary and detailed designs for major road and rail transportation projects and related underground or enclosed structures. The position provides great potential for professional advancement and in-house training.
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
• Designing mechanical ventilation systems using engineering calculations and preparing design drawings and specifications
• Ensuring accuracy of design and contract documents
• Innovative mechanical design and modeling
• Computerized flow analyses
• Bachelor's degree in mechanical, mining or equivalent engineering degree
• 5+ years of experience in tunnel ventilation and mechanical ventilation and design
• Intern engineer certificate
• Knowledge of CAD software
• Experience with ventilation equipment installation
• Familiarity with fans, controls and with fire life safety codes and standards (NFPA, AMCA, ASHRAE)
• Knowledge of BIM
• Knowledge of industry tools: SES, CFD, and FDS programs
• Familiarity with testing and implementation of mechanical ventilation equipment
• Good verbal and written communications skills and knowledge of common office software
• Self-motivated and experienced in performing calculations and delivering quality work
• Demonstrated abilities to work within project timeframes and budget constraints
Preferred Qualifications .
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.