AECOM International Recruiter - Junior Project Manager (Expert Centre) in Madrid, Spain
Requisition/Vacancy No. 143532BR
Position Title International Recruiter - Junior Project Manager (Expert Centre)
Job Category Vacation Student / Internship / Graduate
Business Line Government
State/Province/Region ES - Madrid
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
AECOM’s Global Support Services (GSS) organization resides within AECOM’s Government business line and is comprised of three divisions — International Development, Operations and Mission Support, and Global Programs. GSS has the international presence, personnel networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission, anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world. GSS supports the U.S. Government, non-U.S. Governments and industry clients with worldwide program management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation services, security, international development, environmental and civil engineering and mission and intelligence support.
Scope of Work : The Expert Center is in charge of the recruitment of experts for technical assistance projects, internal human resources management, communications and experts’ database maintenance.
The Junior Project Manager - Recruiter, under the supervision of the Expert Center Manager, will be in charge of the following duties and tasks:
1. EXPERTS’ RECRUITMENT : Identify, negotiate and sign up international free-lance consultants / experts for aid development consultancy assignments.
• Expert Search and Identification.
• Evaluation of the profiles.
• Gathering of employment certificates and crosschecking of references.
• Negotiation of financial terms of the experts’ contracts.
• Preparation of the final CV and Short-term experts’ tables.
• Supervise formal and administrative aspects of expert workload.
• Management and maintenance of the experts database
2. INTERNAL HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT : Identify new talent and conduct the screening of candidates who apply for internal vacancies.
• Publish openings on the corporate website and other external portals
• Maintain communication with candidates who apply for internal vacancies
• Conduct first screening of candidates who apply for Internal vacancies
• Carry out oral / written language tests
• Explore / Establish potential collaboration agreements with universities / study centres
• Attend employment forums in order to identify new talent
3. EXPERTS’ COMMUNICATION : Maintain high level communication and relationship with experts and clients on a distant support basis.
• Establish personalised relations with experts
• Manage the corporate communication tools (LinkedIn and Twitter accounts)
• Edition of the quarterly Newsletter / Weekly update
4. REPORTING : Autonomy, with the supervision of the Expert Center Manager, and/or the corresponding Project manager assigned to the project.
1. ACADEMIC BACKGROUND
Compulsory : University degree in Human Resources Management, Psychology, or related subject & Perfect use of MS Office, Internet searching skills & other IT Tools
Complementary : Postgraduate diploma (MS, MBA, Ph.D…) in Economics, Law, Political Science and/or Development Cooperation
2. LANGUAGE SKILLS
Compulsory : Full Proficiency in French and English.
Complementary : Spanish at B2 level & Other languages (Portuguese)
3. PERSONAL SKILLS
Strong Communication skills
Interpersonal skills and capacity to work in different cultural environments
Analytical skills to identify the key aspects of ToRs
Capacity to work on tight schedule and meet deadlines
Capacity to simultaneously manage multiple programmes.
Planning and time management skills
Organised and systematic
Analytical and drafting skills.
Strong negotiating skills
Manage heavy workloads
Adhere to strict and demanding timelines
Compulsory: Over 1 year of working experience in an international environment in the field of Recruitment or Human Resources Management.
Complementary: Prior working experience in Project Management
Prior working experience in Project Management
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.