AECOM Risk Manager in London, United Kingdom
Business Line Program, Cost, Consultancy
Position Title Risk Manager
United Kingdom - London
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm who provide cost and project management and consultancy services to public and private sector clients around the world.
With nearly 100,000 employees — including Cost Engineers, Contract Administrators, Planners and Project Managers — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world. We are a leader in all of the key markets, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. We provide a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’.
Our London Business unit continues to grow, with a specific growth demand within the Infrastructure sector (Airports, Rail, Power, Highways, Environment, Ports & Marine and Nuclear) where we have successfully secured positions with many high profile clients and some key local projects and programs in the industry.
As a direct result of this growth, we are currently seeking a full time Risk Manager to support in our business growth.
• Promote, set up and implement a risk management system, making it appropriate to the needs of the project through the project lifecycle.
• Lead the Risk Management function providing effective direction and motivation of the departmental staff.
• Ensure that resources are made available to maintain efficient and timely capture and treatment of risks and opportunities.
• Delivery of risk management services to the client’s Development department as part of capital project delivery in compliance with client’s governance, processes and objectives.
• Development and implementation of project risk management plans.
• Delivery of discrete risk interventions and imbedded risk management services, as part of the Development team.
• Delivery of value and reduction of risk exposure through active mitigation of threats and maximisation of opportunities.
• Facilitation of workshops in the client’s environment, using advanced methods for risk, value and lessons learnt processes.
• Undertaking day-to-day risk management activities including identification, prioritisation, register management, action planning and monitoring.
• Production of periodic risk reporting including profiled risk expenditure, impacted risk / drawdown and risk exposure changes.
• Developing and undertaking advanced Quantitative Risk Analysis including Cost, Schedule and integrated Cost and Schedule analyses, to enable robust forecasting and tracking of risk exposure.
• Use knowledge and experience to ensure identification and management of all significant risks to achievement of project objectives.
• Act as an ambassador for risk management, coaching others in the requirements, processes and benefits of risk management.
• Degree educated with 5-10 years risk management experience including evidence of delivery of major projects and / or programmes.
• Experience in the construction or infrastructure sectors.
• Extensive experience in the application of Quantitative Risk Analysis (QRA) techniques and tools, for example: @Risk and Primavera Risk Analysis (previously Pertmaster), including the analysis of complex logic-linked cost-loaded schedules.
• Experience using Enterprise Risk Management tools, for example, Active Risk Manager (ARM), Predict! and Oracle PPM (P6R).
• Experience in the delivery of risk throughout the project lifecycle including support of investment decisions and delivery/implementation phases.
• Understanding of construction contracts and the relationship between risk management and controls/management functions including: project management, change control, planning & scheduling, cost & commercial management and reporting.
• Evidence of previous experience in definition and delivery of risk management plans within projects.
• Strong communication, interpersonal and facilitation skills.
• Collaborative working style and behaviours.
• Membership of a professional body (e.g. APM, IRM)
• Risk Management qualification, for example Master’s Degree or IRM International Certificate.
• In depth understanding of planning techniques and tools, including P6 and Microsoft Project.
• Experience delivering risk management at Programme or Strategic level.
• Experience of working in a client environment.
• Experience in application of a variety of contract forms.
• Experience in working for a complex business environment or large consultancy.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Planning
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 164152BR