AECOM Graduate Economic Development & Regeneration Consultant - London in London, United Kingdom
Business Line Design + Planning
Position Title Graduate Economic Development & Regeneration Consultant - London
United Kingdom - London
Open June 2017 - Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible since CV’s will be reviewed and candidates selected on a rolling recruitment basis.
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital. A Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine at aecom.com and @AECOM.
The Economic Development and Regeneration team in London is looking to recruit an Economic Development & Regeneration Consultant. You will have an analytical mind, be flexible and organised to work on a wide range of projects at once. You should have an interest in a broad range of work in economic development and regeneration, research and quantitative and qualitative analysis.
The work of the Economic Development and Regeneration team is extremely varied and includes: socio-economic research and impact assessments; advice on major economic development projects and services; sector and infrastructure studies;; cost-benefit analyses; business case development/economic appraisal; and surveys of employment land and business sentiment. Recent and current projects include:
• Strategic economic, land use and development analysis for Crossrail 2;
• Business case support for seven Local Enterprise Partnerships and other bodies nationally;
• Infrastructure studies for most of the counties in SE England, feeding into Councils’ Local Plans;
• Socio-economic, health and community impact assessments for High Speed 2, the third Menai crossing and A303 Stonehenge scheme;
• RC100 Resilience Strategies for Paris and Ramallah and major overseas city scale projects; andLocal economic assessments and business surveys for London Boroughs
This is an entry level position for a University Graduate or a recent graduate. He or she will be highly numerate, comfortable with quantitative data and analysis and will be responsible for the basic core research of the project. This can involve conducting internet or desk research, gathering information through phone or face to face interviews and site visits, or generating demographic information. The consultant is responsible for making the information comprehensible and for providing a base analysis for its meanings and implications, including providing well-written inputs into reports.
The role involves:
• Data collection, primary research, literature reviews and undertaking consultation with a range of stakeholders utilising a range of methods (e.g. telephone, face-to-face and electronic)
• Delivery of high-quality quantitative and qualitative analysis and research across a number of short and longer term projects
• Interpretation of technical information/analysis in a clear, concise and credible manner, inputting into reports and proposals
• Helping to identify project opportunities for the team
• Supporting the creation of presentations for clients and internal presentations
• Providing a range of other ad hoc advice and support for the team, such as proposals and marketing input.
The graduate will work as part of a team under the direction of Associates and Project Managers working on projects throughout the UK and Ireland. They will be paired with an experienced member of the team who will guide and mentor them through their initial period working on live projects.
will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our programmes form a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. We have over 1,000 graduates on our programmes across the UK & Europe, from over 30 different disciplines, each and every one of them making a tangible difference to the environment we all live & work in.
We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including chartership with the relevant international professional institution – where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK. We demand the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support & guide your development, and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme. There will be on-the-job and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects, with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.
The ideal graduate should meet the following requirements:
• Hold a 2.1 or First Class honors degree in Geography, Economics, Town Planning, or another relevant degree
• Be highly numerate
• Have a keen interest in drivers of economic growth in different geographies including infrastructure and land use
• Be computer proficiency with the Microsoft office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Hold strong interpersonal skills, and have the confidence to conduct face to face and telephone interviews
• Be comfortable in dealing with quantitative and qualitative data and analysis from primary and secondary sources
• Possess a writing ability that is coherent, grammatically correct, analytical, and professional
• A good listener accepting of input from team members
• A team player with a positive attitude who is highly motivated and proactive
• Flexible in work approach and willing to travel to other offices when required
• Effective time management and the ability to multi-task
• Able to demonstrate a commitment to continued education and improvement through participating in our approved training schemes
• Although not essential it would be beneficial if the ideal candidates has experience and/or an interest in GIS, research or design (e.g. survey and sample design)
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Category Vacation Student / Internship / Graduate
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 144701BR