AECOM Field Engineer in London, United Kingdom
Business Line Program, Cost, Consultancy
Position Title Field Engineer
United Kingdom - London
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm who provide cost and project management and consultancy services to public and private sector clients around the world.
With nearly 100,000 employees — including Cost Engineers, Contract Administrators, Planners and Project Managers — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world. We are a leader in all of the key markets, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. We provide a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’.
Our London Business unit continues to grow, with a specific growth demand within the Infrastructure sector (Airports, Rail, Power, Highways, Environment, Ports & Marine and Nuclear) where we have successfully secured positions with many high profile clients and some key local projects and programs in the industry.
As a direct result of this growth, we are currently seeking a full time Field Engineer to support in our business growth.
• Inspects construction work for compliance with drawings, specifications, contract requirements, and applicable standards and codes.
• Reviews design drawings and technical specifications for constructability.
• Assists in construction engineering and managing the installation of materials and equipment as assigned. Inputs to quantity tracking databases and other computer databases as required.
• Prepares daily progress and site reports, periodic photographic progress reports and keeps the SFE/ Project Manager informed on progress of assigned tasks. Reviews project design and engineering documents to ensure their completeness.
• Manages the revision of construction information as necessary through drawing change notices; field sketches, and Record “as–built” Drawings.
• Manage the provision of field based technical input to construction activities
• Provides input to the Project Engineer's reviews of contractor’s technical submittals including method statements, safe systems of work, permit applications, change proposals and Contractor bids, and other the client’s requirements.
• Provides responses to Requests for Information, Non Conformance Reports, and Field Change Documents
• Inspects work within discipline and elevates inspection requirements to the Project Engineer where cross discipline input is required.
• Reviews submittals and Contractor interim payment applications for the work related to his/her field.
• Reports daily on project safety, environment & health matters, quality issues, progress, technical decisions, changes, manpower and equipment present and use, weather, significant deliveries, and other significant events on site.
• Engages with the Project Engineer for interpretation or approval of design changes, technical interpretation of the contract documents, or non-conformances which constitute design changes.
• Informs SFE/ Project Manager of current technical issues.
• Provides input to the project programme on technical activities. Reviews contractor CDM, HSE submittals and monitors compliance against accepted plans - takes immediate action if work poses threat to personnel, equipment, property, etc.
• Provides constructability input to the design process.
• Manages the production of engineering solutions/field sketches/specifications to resolve site based queries, in conjunction with the Project Engineer – and elevates issues requiring designer input to the Project Engineer(s).
• Oversees site product quality, supports inspections and oversight as required by the quality management system.
• Reviews Contractor Compliance Certification documentation.
• Reviews Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs) and assigns customer Hold, Witness and Review Points. Witnesses’ inspections and tests of installed facilities and equipment as required by specification, and support the Project Engineer in the release of hold points in installation, inspection & testing.
• Good understanding of Health, Safety & Environmental management associated with the Construction industry.
• Chartered Engineer or Architect with a demonstrable experience in the Design/Construction of infrastructure projects with experience in Airport Projects is preferred. (Prior experience may be suitable replacement in lieu of Engineering or Architecture background).
• Experience in the construction monitoring of various Projects for all elements of an Airport.
• Good understanding of construction techniques & constructability issues.
• Good experience in the testing, commissioning, and handover, Airport Operational Readiness (AOR) of Airport Facilities is desired.
• Good working knowledge of basic computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) is a requirement as well as being a competent user of planning software such as Microsoft Project.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Construction Management
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 164147BR