AECOM Estimator in London, United Kingdom
Business Line Construction Services
Position Title Estimator
United Kingdom - London
As the builder of some of the world’s most iconic and challenging structures ever conceived, we transform design concepts into tangible assets through a comprehensive approach to construction that is informed by our diverse technical expertise.
With nearly 100,000 employees serving clients in over 150 countries around the world. We are a leader in key markets, including transportation, facilities, environmental, high-rise buildings, energy, oil and gas, water, and government. We provide a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients.
Our Construction Services business line is currently delivering a number of prestigious high rise buildings projects across the UK, with landmark projects such as Long Street (London), Silvertown Quays (London), 20 Farringdon Street (London), Portugal Street (Manchester), One Bryant Park (New York) and Old Street (London) to name a few.
Due to growth we are looking to recruit Estimator who will be involved in a project from conception to completion.
Collaborating within a team you will be involved but not limited to some of the key responsibilities,
• As part of our estimating function you will be key to the programme set-up, assist in the production of baseline estimates and also the procurement process in assessing tender returns. You will provide management of people and resources to enable the development of processes, procedures and systems in the estimating and cost management of high value and complex projects.
• Assist in the production of baseline estimates and also the procurement process in assessing tender returns.
• Assess the impact of scope change during the delivery / construction phase.
• Develop processes for estimates of differing accuracies using estimating systems.
• Capable of undertaking reviews of costs and estimates to develop an effective cost benchmark process and database.
• Develop best practices for performing complex estimates and develop the supporting cost management process and procedures.
• Develop and implement BIM process for estimating and cost management.
• Attend client meetings.
The successful candidate will need to have experience with,
• Familiar with estimating systems.
• Have experience in one or more high rise residential projects.
• Client facing and able to work in co-located environments
• A comprehensive understanding of the construction industry with specific focus on residential, commercial high end projects.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Construction Management
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 160092BR