AECOM Estimator in London, United Kingdom
Business Line Program, Cost, Consultancy
Position Title Estimator
United Kingdom - London
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm who provide cost and project management and consultancy services to public and private sector clients around the world.
With nearly 100,000 employees — including Cost Engineers, Contract Administrators, Planners and Project Managers — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world. We are a leader in all of the key markets, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. We provide a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’.
Our London Business unit continues to grow, with a specific growth demand within the Infrastructure sector (Airports, Rail, Power, Highways, Environment, Ports & Marine and Nuclear) where we have successfully secured positions with many high profile clients and some key local projects and programs in the industry.
As a direct result of this growth, we are currently seeking a full time Estimator to support in our business growth.
• Develops estimates for new projects in accordance with the estimating hierarchy and processes and procedures.
• Populates the estimating data base with the input of as-built cost data.
• Provides support to the project teams in their evaluation of any major changes including comparison take-offs from drawings to validate contractor quantities on changes.
• Prepares cost estimates for trends and change orders during the pre-award stage.
• Support the project teams in six monthly CIP re-forecasts to ensure a consistent product.
• Support the project teams in quantified risk analysis on six monthly re-estimates to ensure estimate risk allowances are based on projects risks and standard method of evaluation.
• Identifies tracks and provides trends for processing on un-procured works.
• Support functional heads on annual revenue budget development including tracking variation to the budgets.
• University degree in Quantity Surveying, Engineering or similar, master’s degree preferable.
• Significant experience in infrastructure projects, including major international airport and aviation projects and/or major transport hubs.
• Skill emphasis on all aspects of cost estimation using best practice techniques in the construction industry.
• Good understanding of construction techniques & constructability issues.
• Possess experience in providing building services cost estimation and/or Quantity Surveying services.
• Good working knowledge of basic computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) is a requirement as well as being a competent user of planning software such as Microsoft Project.
• Good knowledge of Industry standard estimating software IE: CANDY would be an advantage.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Cost Management and Consulting Services
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 164145BR