AECOM Environmental Remediation Consultant in London, United Kingdom
Business Line Environment
Position Title Environmental Remediation Consultant
United Kingdom - London
Our Remediation team in Wimbledon is currently looking for a Project Manager to work on a large Oil Industry Framework. The role requires experience of managing contaminated land desk studies, site investigations, data analysis, factual and interpretive report writing, completing all tasks to quality, budget, and the ability to provide support to DQRA, Remedial Options Appraisal and managing remediation projects.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of how to develop Conceptual Site Models the industry and a good understanding of contaminated land assessment under different regulatory regimes applicable for planning, operational loss, acquisition, disposal. We are looking for an ambitious team player with strong development skills who wishes to assist in the development of innovative, cost effective and buildable solutions in an environment that is collaborative, stimulating and demanding. The role would suit a self-motivated individual looking to advance their career in a dynamic team.
Nationally our Remediation Services team is one of the largest in the UK and provides one-stop access to a variety of services. The Wimbledon office has an established track record of successfully delivering land contamination assessments and remediation works throughout the country. We are now looking to enhance and grow this team with individuals with a sound technical background in land contamination assessment that share our enthusiasm and determination to support our expanding workload.
The team provides services ranging from desk studies, site investigation, risk assessment, remediation (strategy development, design, implementation, supervision and validation), monitoring and close-out on a wide range of contracts. We also support other AECOM business lines where their projects have a Remediation Services interface. Our Local Remediation Services team is involved in a number of high profile projects with a variety of clients across a broad range of sectors.
Our clients are from the private and public sector and our leading clients include global oil & gas companies, the nuclear industry, Fortune 500 multinational corporations, regulatory bodies and agencies (e.g. Environment Agency, HCA and local authorities).
To work within the team providing project management support including work on contaminated land assessment, investigation and remediation projects. The appointed person will be expected to take on project management tasks including making the necessary arrangements beforehand for any fieldwork, production of reporting deliverables, setting budgets and management of project fees and expenditure. The candidate will likely spend the majority of their time office based but may be expected to travel and work away from home from time to time.
• To ensure that health and safety issues are addressed throughout the life of a project.
• To work within a team, managing desk studies, site investigations, data analysis, factual and interpretive
• To compile and interpret field and analytical data into accurate and comprehensive conceptual site models, and use these to assess technical, commercial implications for the client.
• To recommend future steps to manage clients liability, and where appropriate use these to gain repeat work
• To present results of assessment to the client and their technical assurance team at a major oil company
• To learn and use the AECOM financial management systems and have financial ownership of projects (i.e. budgets & invoicing).
• Responsibility for implementation of AECOM Quality principles and the quality of project deliverables and communications.
• To cost and develop proposals for ground investigations and remediation projects.
• Train and mentor junior staff to further their understanding of field techniques, CSM, H&S behaviours and reporting.
• Opportunities for CW DQRA, Remedial Options Appraisal, and managing remediation projects
• Opportunities for involvement with internal technical development groups
• Good understanding of contaminated land assessment under different regulatory regimes applicable for planning, operational loss, acquisition, disposal etc
• Good understating of health and safety aspects of contaminated land projects
• Principles of CSM development and application, Stage 2 screening essential
• Working knowledge of MS Office applications.
• Strong team worker, flexible and hard working.
• Attention to detail and a thorough approach to work.
• Strong communication skills at all levels.
• Organised and able to manage multiple tasks/projects at a time.
• Report writing skills in English essential.
• Willingness and ability to learn new tasks.
• Numerate and confident with financial reporting.
• Experienced in contaminated land including field work, interpretation, CSM and risk assessment, and reporting and project management.
• Project manager experience and track record of delivery to clients on quality, budget and timescale required. The vacancy includes a programme to become a certified AECOM project manager.
• Previous experience of site investigation techniques and verification sampling essential.
• DQRA experience useful but not essential
• Some experience of working in a corporate environment within environmental consultancy.
• Experience of working on petroleum sites an advantage.
• Relevant BSc degree (MSc degree preferred) in Geology / Hydrogeology / Contaminated Land / Environmental Engineering / Environmental Science.
• Full Driving Licence.
• Membership of professional organisation / chartership helpful
o CSCS card
o Emergency first aider
o PIA training
o CITB SMSTS /SSSTS
o SPA/ UK PIA
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Engineering - Environmental
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 165111BR