AECOM Cost Engineer in London, United Kingdom
Business Line Program, Cost, Consultancy
Position Title Cost Engineer
United Kingdom - London
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm who provide cost and project management and consultancy services to public and private sector clients around the world.
With nearly 100,000 employees — including Cost Engineers, Contract Administrators, Planners and Project Managers — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world. We are a leader in all of the key markets, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. We provide a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’.
Our London Business unit continues to grow, with a specific growth demand within the Infrastructure sector (Airports, Rail, Power, Highways, Environment, Ports & Marine and Nuclear) where we have successfully secured positions with many high profile clients and some key local projects and programs in the industry.
As a direct result of this growth, we are currently seeking a full time Cost Engineer to support in our business growth.
• Developing and maintaining a cost plan throughout the project lifecycle to incorporate all components of project cost including internal client’s costs.
• Undertaking monthly cost assessments against contractor progress and programme (interfacing with the Project Planner and other members of the project team to ensure consistency). Assessing the validity of contractor applications for payment and issuing payment certificates. Formal programme/cost reviews will also be undertaken periodically as agreed with the PMO & Project Controls Manager to ensure alignment of the cost plan and programme. Any deficiencies will be actioned in a timely manner.
• Raising, receipting, and closing-out Purchase Orders in SAP (client’s ERP system), supported by the Contractor Administrator.
• Undertaking monthly cost forecasts (expected to be within a 5% accuracy band month-on-month) using the cost plan and referencing the project programme schedule.
• Maintain the project risk and opportunities register, including valuing the likely cost consequence of each risk/opportunity. The Cost Engineer will support the Project Manager in identifying and delivering efficiencies in the project by realising opportunities identified in the Risk and Opportunity Register. Specific project efficiency targets are to be agreed between the Cost Engineer and Cost Manager.
• Assessing the value of Compensation Events within the relevant contract.
• Managing Change Control within the client’s project delivery processes and procedures.
• Production of reports and cost information in line with the monthly reporting timetable.
• Undertaking periodic site visits as required validating information and keeping up to date on project progress and issues.
• The Cost Engineer is responsible for feeding cost information back into the cost estimating database for the Development Department, ensuring that tender unit rates and actual outturn costs are correctly identified and classified to continuously improve the quality of cost data in the estimating database
• Experience in a cost or commercial role within the construction or infrastructure sectors working on projects of a similar scale (in terms of value) and/or complexity (5 years).
• University degree qualified in an engineering or business subject preferably cost related.
• Membership of a professionally recognised cost organisation such as RICS.
• Experienced user of SAP or similar cost and project control management software
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Cost Management and Consulting Services
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 164144BR