AECOM Contracts Administrator in London, United Kingdom
Business Line Program, Cost, Consultancy
Position Title Contracts Administrator
United Kingdom - London
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm who provide cost and project management and consultancy services to public and private sector clients around the world.
With nearly 100,000 employees — including Cost Engineers, Contract Administrators, Planners and Project Managers — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world. We are a leader in all of the key markets, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. We provide a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’.
Our London Business unit continues to grow, with a specific growth demand within the Infrastructure sector (Airports, Rail, Power, Highways, Environment, Ports & Marine and Nuclear) where we have successfully secured positions with many high profile clients and some key local projects and programs in the industry.
As a direct result of this growth, we are currently seeking a full time Contract Administrator to support in our business growth.
• Preparing Contract Packages (consultancy services, construction, service orders, etc.) and inviting tenders and managing the tender process to support the Project Manager’s portfolio of projects.
• Prepare bid tabulations justifying the selection of preferred bidder and preparing contract documents and managing the Contract award and execution process.
• Ensuring that tenders, bids, evaluation of proposals, negotiation, and award of contracts are performed in accordance with the client’s contract procedures.
• Ensuring that the successful bidder provides adequate insurances that comply with client’s requirements, the regulations and the scope of work.
• Arranging, minuting and ensuing action of matters arising from Kick-off meetings for all contracts ensuring the attendance of all stakeholders, in accordance with client’s procedures.
• Administration of executed contracts of varying values and complexity, confirming the compliance of the contractors / consultants, or taking actions to ensure compliance with, the contract terms and conditions and alignment with agreed business deliverables.
• Managing and administering any changes and quality issues, through the Early Warning Notices and Compensation Events processes, including maintaining registers of all EWs, NCEs and CEs (Note: CE evaluation by Others).
• Issuing correspondence reports showing both incoming / outgoing correspondence, actions required owners and status, to include status of responses in accordance with the contract Period of Reply.
• Maintaining the Insurance records showing the issuance and expiry dates of contractor and consultant insurances and ensuring renewal of all Insurances as required to maintain coverages required by client.
• Managing, tracking and production of certificates of contractors monthly payment applications, ensuring compliance with the requirements of the contract (Note: valuation by others)
• Maintain the Disallowed Cost register and related correspondence.
• Ensuring that any additional work / cost and or time change to the original scope is properly authorised in advance before issuing a change order(s).
• Complying with the accepted contract schedule and monitoring consultant / contractor against this baseline. Further, the Contract Administrator shall also provide support to the Project Manager and client’s management and recommend and carry out agreed actions to mitigate any schedule slippages.
• Confirming that job-related financial obligations are satisfied by the contractor / consultant.
• Ensuring that the work done by the contractor / consultant is in compliance with the accepted contract programme. i.e. issuing notices generated by the Project Planner.
• Ensuring that all contractors / consultants are in compliance with all applicable laws, codes, and other requirements (depending on the specifics of the project). i.e. issuing notices generated by project engineering and field engineering
• Issuing meeting minutes for all the meetings held with the contractors / consultants.
• Establishing an adequate records management system so that the project team uses it to furnish a written record of project execution to track insurances received, certificates issued and values of work by Contractor and Subcontractor across the CIP.
• Experience in Contract Management with specific experience working with the NEC2 or NEC3 forms of contract and others, where appropriate. Experience to include change management, contractual disputes, correspondence and supporting financial close out of contracts.
• Skilled in oral and written communication.
• Knowledge in the use of computer software for executing work processes.
• Intermediate level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and start-up work processes.
• Professional qualification and chartered status (CIPS/RICS).
• Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialised instruction or practical experience
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Commercial Management / Contract Management
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 164143BR