AECOM Construction Administrator in London, United Kingdom
Business Line Program, Cost, Consultancy
Position Title Construction Administrator
United Kingdom - London
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm who provide cost and project management and consultancy services to public and private sector clients around the world.
With nearly 100,000 employees — including Cost Engineers, Contract Administrators, Planners and Project Managers — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world. We are a leader in all of the key markets, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. We provide a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’.
Our business unit continues to grow, with a specific growth demand within the Infrastructure sector (Airports, Rail, Power, Highways, Environment, Ports & Marine and Nuclear) where we have successfully secured positions with many high profile clients and some key local projects and programs in the industry.
As a direct result of this growth, we are currently seeking a full time Construction Administrator to support in our business growth.
• To identify process improvements in office practices and procedures and to work with the Office Manager to implement solutions.
• To proactively demonstrate and support a compliant working office environment adhering to archiving procedures, Health and Safety, Security, Environmental, Sustainable Development and clear desk policies to ensure working practices minimise any risk to self, work colleagues, staff and the environment.
• To take on activities/projects as required or directed by the Office Manager that may be unique to certain team locations and requirements at any given time.
• To monitor all joiners and leavers to the appropriate Project Delivery Team ensuring the on-boarding and off-boarding staffing process is followed. Support the Project/Hiring Manager to ensure all new joiners are fully enrolled with the same focus delivered for leavers.
• Project Management and Contract Management Support
• Collating requests for proposals and contract documents and compiling working and electronic files
• Raising requisitions and variation orders to relevant Purchase Orders within the SAP systems; ensuring compliance with CIP and Supply Chain processes and procedures
• Monitoring the progress of Purchase Orders in SAP, resolving queries and chasing-up required approval authorities, subsequent receipting and invoicing. Ensuring 'Invoices on hold' and 'Goods received- not invoiced' reports are actioned and that accurate data is provided for monthly reporting
• Undertaking and reporting global checks and audits on SAP activities and recommending improvements
• Update an excel database of payment data for Professional Services Resources Contracts for the Finance Team
• Assist with Professional Services Contract renewal
• Assess payment applications for Professional Services Resources Contracts and the Sundry Agreement Contractors
• Raise purchase orders and receipt payments for other ad-hoc OPEX expenditure
• Prepare and produce for approval, as requested by others:
• i. Monthly compliance reports
• ii. Monthly performance reports
• iii. Dashboard reports
• iv. Resource schedules
• Acting as a focal point of administrative expertise for the Project Teams including their suppliers; working to ensure efficient use of the SAP system and minimising risks associated with uncoordinated or inaccurate information
• Analysing and reporting SAP data to ensure client is paying suppliers in a timely and effective manner within the contract terms
• Providing guidance and assistance on use of the SAP system so that these tools and processes are properly used and that management output data is clearly understood
• Assisting induction programme training
• Attend and participate in facilitating Construction administration support communications to ensure that learning is shared and that communication is effective and consistent across the team
• A minimum GCSE standard in subjects such as English, Maths and IT
• Experience of a projects managerial and commercial contracts and procurement environment; experience of major purchase-to-pay and reporting tools, SAP systems and Microsoft Office packages
• Ability to demonstrate highly effective administration and organisational skills and be able to plan effectively/work under pressure (balancing and prioritising daily tasks)
• Demonstrate strong initiative, time effectiveness and the tenacity to complete work on time and to high standards
• Good communication skills and interpersonal skills in order to build stakeholder relationships, providing excellent levels of customer service at all times
• Ability and desire to identify opportunities for improving working processes
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Cost Management and Consulting Services
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 164139BR