AECOM Architect / Senior Architect in London, United Kingdom
Requisition/Vacancy No. 158660BR
Position Title Architect / Senior Architect
Job Category Architecture and Design
Business Line Architecture
Country United Kingdom
State/Province/Region GBR - London
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in
Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by
Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A
Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at
About the Business Line
We help shape the world around us — from high-rise buildings to educational, cultural, research and transportation facilities. Our design process is based on energy-efficient building systems, and appropriate selection of materials and form to maximize environmental conditions and long-term performance.
We are currently looking for 2 Architects / Senior Architects to join our architectural team in London, working on new UK & International projects across the transportation, education, residential, commercial, healthcare, and sports sectors.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Working across all RIBA Stages including bidding, concept design, project delivery, design assurance and working with clients, contractors and other architectural practices
• Provide and supervise technological and technical input within the Architectural team
• Supervise the architectural team in preparing robust and exemplar project information
• Carry assignments to completion with considerable independence in accordance with project objectives, professional standards, policies and procedures
• Ambitious and enthusiastic with a good understanding of the design & delivery structure and process and have a keen interest and experience in one (or more) of AECOM’s key typologies
• Knowledge of international and best practice standards employed in the design of large scale projects
• Good understanding of BIM and other digital design tools
• Familiar with researching, preparing and presenting technical presentations and reports
• Ability to express ideas effectively, both orally and in writing
• ARB registration
• Preference for RIBA registration
• Experience of working on large scale projects, preferably including site experience
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.