AECOM Analyst in London, United Kingdom
Requisition/Vacancy No. 150415BR
Position Title Analyst
Job Category Cost Management and Consulting Services
Business Line Program, Cost, Consultancy
Country United Kingdom
State/Province/Region GBR - London
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
Program, Cost, Consultancy
We provide cost and project management services, and specialist consultancy services, to public- and private-sector clients around the world, with a strong presence in Africa, Australia and New Zealand, Europe, the Middle East and the United States.
We are currently recruiting for an Analyst to join our Cost Consultancy team in our centrally located London office. This is an entry-level position which would suit an enthusiastic graduate looking to build a career with a global engineering consultancy.
Our Cost Consultancy team works closely with the Urban Planning, Economics, Engineering, Transport and Sustainability teams to provide strategic financial advice. This predominantly relates to major mixed use Masterplanning schemes globally and extends up to developments on a City scale. We cover a significant range of sectors including residential, offices, retail and hospitality, considering both the built element and the infrastructure works that supports them. Our clients include private entities and government agencies.
As an Analyst you will have the following responsibilities:
• Working with quantitative data.
• Responsible for the basic core research and analysis of the projects.
• Undertaking internet or desk based research.
• Analysing strategic level information from other consultants within AECOM and outside the Company to produce financial information that can form the basis of viability studies and carrying out site visits.
• Responsible for making the information comprehensible and for providing a base analysis for its meanings and implications.
• Analyse information, consider the optimum approach to delivering a successful outcome and then being able to present this to Consultants and Clients.
• Computer proficiency in spreadsheets, word processing, and presentation software.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability and confidence to work with a wide range of Clients and Consultants.
• Comfortable in dealing with quantitative data and analysis.
• Writing ability that is coherent, grammatically correct, analytical, and professional.
• Displays a positive attitude, highly motivated and proactive.
• Flexibility for travel if required.
• Effective time management and ability to multi-task.
• Degree educated in an analytical subject, such as English, History, Law or Mathematics.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.