AECOM Aircraft Worker in Lemoore, California
Requisition/Vacancy No. 148969BR
Position Title Aircraft Worker
Job Category Maintenance
Business Line Government
Country United States of America
State/Province/Region USA - California
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
AECOM works with national and local governments around the world to manage and support critical programs in the areas of defense, security and intelligence; energy and climate change; environmental cleanup and waste management; infrastructure development, protection and resilience; and international development. Our global operations and connected expertise enable us to provide cutting-edge, relevant and cost-effective solutions that help our clients safeguard and enrich society and the world we live in.
AECOM is immediately hiring qualified Plane Captains in support of U.S. Navy Aircraft maintenance operations at NAS Lemoore, CA (VFA-122). Must be able to work rotating shifts and travel for detachments.
Makes repairs to aircraft following orders of higher grade worker. Removes, cleans, reinstalls, or replaces defective parts, accessories, and components such as worn gaskets, couplings, and fittings; bad actuators, accumulators, gauges, sections of corroded fuel and oil lines, worn cable pulleys, frayed spark plug cables, and burned-out landing lights, using hand tools. Makes adjustments and settings such as cable tension and seat movement settings and adjustments. Obtains standard parts such as fuel and oil line connections and fittings, cable linkage, and spark plug cables and harnesses by referring to parts manuals and by making comparisons with samples. Services engines and aircraft components at line station making repairs, short of overhaul, required to keep aircraft in safe operating condition. Additionally, Servicers do the following tasks: aircraft flightline servicing, operates service vehicles to replenish fuel and oil, perform pre-flight, thru-flight, and post-flight maintenance inspections, enters on the maintenance records description of the servicing performed, checks for fuel contamination by draining sumps and fuel drains; operates ground support equipment such as electrical power supply, tow tractors, and engine starting units, examines tires for specified air pressure and condition, assists in towing aircraft and cleans exterior and interior of aircraft, hanger deck periodic housekeeping and fluid spills using portable platform ladders, brushes, rags, water hose, cleaning compound applicator and mobile vacuum.
To be considered, candidates must submit a resume directly online at www.aecom.com
For further information call Scotty Cain at 469-888-4418
• Shift work and detachment are required.
• High School graduate or equivalent with a minimum two (2) years actual and recent Plane Captain experience is required. Previous Plane Captain qualification preferred.
• Must have completed military aviation maintenance training or maintenance technical school curriculum or possess an FAA issued A&P license.
• Must have ability to meet physical demand requirements associated with and/or pass and maintain any medical examination requirements related to performing daily routine aircraft maintenance tasks.
• Knowledge and use of special tools/equipment required to perform assigned maintenance tasks is mandatory.
• Work is performed primarily outdoors under all types of weather conditions with exposure to loud noise and exhaust fumes.
• Ability to read and interpret technical publications, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Should be a self-motivator and work with minimum supervision.
• Must be able to meet physical requirements associated with and/or pass any medical examination requirements related to performing daily assigned tasks.
• There is a great deal of standing, climbing, bending and stooping.
Preferred Qualifications N/A
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.