AECOM Aircraft Mechanic 1/ ALSE (PR) in Lemoore, California
Business Line Government
Position Title Aircraft Mechanic 1/ ALSE (PR)
United States of America - California
The Aircraft Mechanic 1 will perform O-Level scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on assigned aircraft components. This mechanic must be knowledgeable in all forms of aircraft repair. Will also need a Mechanic skilled in troubleshooting, repairs, modification, and replaces components of F/A-18A-F aircraft survival and flight equipment such as helmets, torso harness, preservers, parachutes, and G-Suits using tools, test equipment, and support equipment as required. This worker reads and interprets manufactures’ maintenance manuals, service bulletins, technical data, engineering data, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components, environmental repair, and/or parachute rigging. This incumbent supervises the jacking and towing of aircraft, enters in the maintenance records description of the work performed and verifies the work was performed satisfactorily. Job duties require that this worker: adjust, repair, or replace aircraft accessories, perform preflight, through-flight, and post-flights, maintenance inspections; may remove, install, and seal panels; will perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on the F/A-18A-F aircraft, may service engines and airframe components at line station making repairs, short of overhaul, required to keep aircraft in safe operating condition. Performs requirements in accordance with the procedures established in the PWS. This worker may be required to be licensed by Federal Aviation Administration. The Aircraft Mechanic could perform this work up to 7 days and 40 hours a week and overtime depending on operational tempo.
To be considered, candidates must submit a resume directly online at www.aecom.com
For more information please call 469-888-4418 and speak with Scotty Cain
• AECOM is immediately hiring a qualified Mechanic 1/ Parachute Rigger in support of U.S. Navy aircraft operations at NAS Lemoore, CA.
• Shift work and detachments are required.
• High School graduate or equivalent with a minimum three (3) years actual and recent organizational level aircraft maintenance flight line experience is required.
• Candidate troubleshoots, repairs, modifies, and replaces components of F/A-18A-F aircraft survival and flight equipment, and related systems using required tools and special equipment.
• Must have 3 years and related systems maintenance experience, F/A-18A-F preferred.
• Must have completed military aviation maintenance training or aviation maintenance technical school curriculum for PR Rate .
• Candidates with prior U.S. Navy F/A-18A-F flight line experience are preferred.
• Knowledge and use of special tools/equipment required to perform assigned maintenance tasks is mandatory.
• Must be able to meet physical requirements associated with and/or pass any medical examination requirements related to performing daily assigned tasks.
• Must pass and maintain a U.S. Government background security check.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
Job Category Maintenance
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 161197BR