AECOM Senior Built Heritage Consultant in Leeds, United Kingdom
Requisition/Vacancy No. 149757BR
Position Title Senior Built Heritage Consultant
Job Category Engineering - Environmental
Business Line Environment
Country United Kingdom
State/Province/Region GBR - West Yorkshire
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
Our team of environment specialists offers clients expertise in air quality, impact analysis and permitting, environmental health and safety management consulting/due diligence, remediation consulting/engineering and construction/site restoration, specialty and emerging technologies, waste services and water and natural resources.
AECOM is one of the largest heritage teams within the UK within one of the largest and most respected engineering and environmental consultancies in the world. We work locally, nationally and internationally on some of the highest profile projects; offering an unparalleled and unique range of opportunities within planning, environment and engineering sectors.
AECOM heritage team offers a comprehensive heritage services to a wide and varied range of clients across the UK and further afield. We have an excellent reputation for providing heritage advice that is second to none. Our experience in many sectors enables us to offer clients expert advice combining strong academic strength, extensive professional experience and intelligent commercial awareness with an intuitive appreciation of the positive role that heritage can have in creating successful projects and places.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Built Heritage Consultant to join us on an initail 9 month contract who will uphold our commitment to excellence and provide independent, expert and confident advice on a wide range of heritage issues within a planning, environmental and engineering context. You will be joining our established and reputable heritage team in our multi-disciplinary office of environmental and engineering consultants in central Birmingham or Leeds.
As a Senior Built Heritage Consultant you will be required to provide expert advice, analysis and assessment; and, professional, strong and compelling advocacy. With a varied workload that will include providing independent historical research and analysis, sound written and verbal advice to clients on world heritage sites, listed buildings, conservation areas, registered parks and gardens, non-designated heritage assets, legislation (including issues relating to consents), policy and guidance; preparation of Heritage Statements, Statements of Significance, Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA); and, Heritage and Characterisation Assessments.
This is an exciting opportunity for a senior consultant in our growing and expanding heritage team to join us at a time when we are dealing with some of the UK’s largest, most interesting, challenging and complex projects. It is an excellent opportunity within an established engineering and environmental consultancy offering you scope to continue and grow your career and professional development. AECOM develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual performance and rewards process.
AECOM’s heritage team is a Registered Organisation with the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists.
To be successful in this role we are looking for the following:
• Full knowledge of the planning process (including EIA) and be fully conversant with the relevant heritage legislation, policy and guidance;
• Robust knowledge of UK architectural history;
• Extensive experience of identifying and describing the significance of heritage assets;
• Extensive experience of identifying and describing the contribution that setting makes to significance of heritage assets;
• Willingness and/or experience of working on appeals and public inquiries;
• Experience of delivering environmental impact assessments and supporting programmes for complex large infrastructure and/or major schemes;
• Excellent report writing skills;
• Willingness to work across the UK as fits project requirements;
• Experience in both commercial consultancy and for local authorities;
• Excellent research skills;
• Client focused team player with a positive, ‘can do’ attitude;
• Professional, organised and thorough approach to work which demonstrates an attention to detail to get things right first time;
• Ability to manage own time and comfortable working both within a team or alone to tight deadlines;
• Excellent communication skills,
• Flexible approach to working hours to meet the demands of the role, including occasional working away from home.
A current full UK driving license is essential.
Candidates will have:
• A relevant first degree or post-graduate qualification in a relevant subject such as archaeology or buildings conservation;
• Relevant masters level or higher qualification in heritage or planning;
• Appropriate level of membership of the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists or IHBC.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.