AECOM Billing Assistant / Project Biller in Leeds, United Kingdom
Requisition/Vacancy No. 144932BR
Position Title Billing Assistant / Project Biller
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Business Line Support/Cross Services
Country United Kingdom
State/Province/Region GBR - West Yorkshire
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
AECOM Shared Services
We support our employees globally by coordinating and managing the day-to-day operations of General Accounting, Human Resources, Administration, Marketing and Information Technology. We pride ourselves on ensuring we deliver the best customer service possible to our people while building trust and relationships with all of our constituents.
We are currently recruiting for Project Billers to join our busy and fast paced Billing Team in our centrally located Leeds office.
As a Project Biller you will engage with finance and operational personnel to deliver results in alignment with UKI financial targets primarily focused on billing and unbilled DSO. The primary responsibility of the biller is to ensure that all billing requests received by the business are processed accurately and within prescribed deadlines and at the same time assists the department in reducing the overall level of unbilled debt.
Your main responsibilities will include the following -
• Perform invoice preparation as per contract requirements for a portfolio of projects.
• The preparation of a draft invoice for Project Manager review.
• Distribute final invoice to client/Project Manager according to instructions.
• Aim to prepare invoice within 24hrs of request being received.
• Become the expert regarding knowledge on all projects supported – develop a firm understanding of billing requirements.
• Review and monitor unbilled balances to ensure timely billing of transactions.
• Be able to explain work in progress (WIP) unbilled balances.
• Update and track daily billing progress.
• Interact with internal and intra-office departments to resolve project specific discrepancies.
• Refine billing set-up in Oracle, if necessary.
• Load final invoice on client portal if required.
• Develop excellent relationships with Project Managers and Project Accountants.
• Ensure daily adherence to the final invoice release routine.
• Regularly chase Project Managers for new invoice requests, or for approval of draft invoices.
• Excellent analytical, organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to distribute work and guidelines to diverse teams and individuals.
• Excellent MS Office skills including Word, Outlook and advanced Excel.
• Self-motivated and a detail-orientated professional with a can do attitude.
• Educated to GCSE Level or equivalent with Maths and English at Grade C or above.
• A-Level/HNC/Degree qualifications would be beneficial but not essential.
• AAT Qualified or similar would be beneficial but not essential.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.