AECOM Associate Planning Consultant in Leeds, United Kingdom
Business Line Environment
Position Title Associate Planning Consultant
United Kingdom - Derbyshire
Our Environment and Planning team is recruiting an experienced town planner at Principal or Associate Consultant level in our busy Environment and Planning business, which contains a mix of Town Planning and Environmental Impact Assessment professionals. The base office would be Leeds, Chesterfield or Birmingham.
AECOM is a top ten UK Planning consultancy by size, employing around 70 Chartered or Licentiate Planners, practicing in all areas of the discipline. AECOM is a worldwide leader in environmental and engineering consultancy and working as a planning consultant within AECOM means access to some of the most high profile and prestigious development projects in the UK, working with colleagues operating at the cutting edge of their disciplines as part of the largest UK environmental consultancy.
The Environment and Planning team has a successful track record of delivering a variety of projects alongside our engineering and environmental colleagues throughout the UK. With a growing body of work and some notable recent wins, we are in a position where we need to recruit a suitably experienced consultant to assist with this expanding workload.
You will be able to work on a range of prestigious infrastructure projects for our clients in the rail, road, airport, power, water & waste water and waste management development sectors, as well as a range of regional / local developments.
You will be joining a great team, you will have an interesting and diverse workload and you will be given the opportunity to make the most of your abilities.
We have an impressive portfolio of involvement in major infrastructure projects. A selection of our current and recent projects include:
• A number of Highways DCO schemes for Highways England, including the M42 Junction 6 improvements and the A303 Stonehenge Amesbury to Berwick Down Road Improvement Scheme.
• Several major rail capacity improvement schemes for Network Rail, including the Transpennine Route Upgrade and Wessex Capacity Improvement Programme.
• HS2 Phase 2 EIA and planning work for HS2 and HS2 Phase 1 enabling works, supporting HS2 contractor, Fusion.
• Heathrow Airport Southern Rail Link DCO.
• The Bank Station Capacity Upgrade Project on behalf of London Underground and its contractor Dragados.
• Thames Tideway Tunnel, the largest and most complex Development Consent Order to date, for Thames Water and its contractors.
• Eynsham Park and Ride Facility on behalf of Oxfordshire County Council.
• A flood alleviation scheme for the Environment Agency.
• An energy from waste facility for Veolia Environmental Services.
The appropriate level of technical expertise is required in order that the Job / Project Accountabilities listed below can be carried out to the necessary standard:
• the management and successful delivery of major infrastructure projects, including leadership of major development projects through the development consenting process (including procedures under the Planning Act 1990, the Planning Act 2008 and the Transport and Works Act 1992);
• the management and successful delivery of planning applications, including coordinating multi-disciplinary teams across various project types;
• taking a lead role in the management and development of the Environment and Planning business, including team management, generating opportunities and winning new business;
• providing planning advice to colleagues and clients; and
• monitoring and managing project budgets and programmes.
• RTPI-accredited first or second degree in environmental or town planning.
• Full Chartered Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) or an equivalent professional organisation.
• Relevant experience, preferably within the private sector.
• Commercial awareness and the confidence, ability and experience to provide clear, authoritative advice.
• Able to work on own initiative and under pressure.
• Competent in the use of Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Project.
• Sound knowledge of UK Planning policy and legislation and a working knowledge of Environmental Impact Assessment legislation.
• Client focused with good interpersonal skills and collaborative working approach with a high level of commitment to quality.
• Experience of the development consenting procedures under the Planning Act 2008 and the Transport and Works Act 1992 is preferred.
• Full current driving licence
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Planning
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 163553BR