AECOM Water Treatment/Distributor Operator 2 - RSS II in Las Vegas, Nevada
Business Line Government
Position Title Water Treatment/Distributor Operator 2 - RSS II
United States of America - Nevada
Purpose and Scope:
The Water Treatment/Water Distribution Operator maintains and operates potable and non-potable water systems, wells and associated infrastructure per local State and Federal regulation. Incumbent operates, maintains, troubleshoots and makes minor repairs to water/waste-water collection/treatment systems at isolated, remote contract sites. Systems are “stand-alone” and not part of a metropolitan water delivery/sewer network.
1) Operate and maintain water treatment, and distribution, (potable and non-potable) systems/facilities to include wells IAW local, State, and Federal regulations, standards, acts and regulations to include but not limited to Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA), 42 U.S.C, Clean Water Act (CWA), Clean Air Act (CAA) and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA).
2) Control water treatment plant machines and equipment to purify and clarify water for human consumption and for industrial use
3) Introduce specified amounts of chemicals, or adjust automatic devices that admit specified amounts of chemicals into tanks to disinfect, deodorize, and clarify water when required.
4) Record system information, such as residual content of chemicals, water turbidity, and water pressure onto a Water Utility Operation Log (General); if water requires more than minor treatment a supplemental detailed addendum to the log will also be completed. These reports will be submitted monthly IAW System Permit(s) governing each system to appropriate Government, and/or State agencies.
5) Assist in water sampling in compliance of permit requirements
6) Operate and maintain wastewater plants and systems to include, collection systems, pumps, sewage lift stations, lagoons, mains and associated piping.
7) Process and export generated sewage by observing and monitoring all aspects of treatment, pulling samples, performing and analyzing tests, recording and correlating data, adjusting operations accordingly and introducing chemicals into the system as necessary
8) Calibrate W/W plant instrumentation and systems controls using electronic, mechanical, chemical and electrical test equipment.
9) Prepare and submit periodic reports (Water Pollution Control Utility Log and Monthly Discharge Monitoring Report) of treatment plant activities to Government and/or State representatives for submittal to State and federal Environmental Protection Agencies
10) Record system information, such as residual content of chemicals, water turbidity, and water pressure onto a Water Utility Operation Log (General); if water requires more than minor treatment a supplemental detailed addendum to the log will also be completed. These reports will be submitted monthly IAW System Permit(s) governing each system to appropriate Government, and/or State agencies
11) Operators will follow Permit policies and procedures pertaining to noncompliance issues and will take immediate actions to report and protect health and environment.
12) Assist in minor repair of plant systems, such as drain lines, etc. Report all system malfunctions to supervision per established guidelines.
13) Work with verbal information, blueprints, wiring diagrams, schematics, technical publications, instruction bulletins and applicable specifications, codes and ordinances as they pertain to internal operation of each system.
14) Performs routine inspections of water reservoirs, water lines, and waste water systems. Collects and inputs system data.
15) Complete continuing education units (CDU) as required to maintain certification(s).
16) Participates in “on-all” duty, responding to various emergency notifications after normal working hours.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Position is represented by a Union Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Graduation from high school or equivalent education, five years of experience in water treatment and distribution operation and maintenance. Possess journeyman status. Possess Level II Treatment certification and a Level II Water Distribution Certification issued by the Nevada Water/waste water Environment Association. Ability to read and comprehend administrative policy, regulatory laws and procedures, safety and equipment publications, blueprints and schematic drawings; and all knowledge, skills and abilities required. Working knowledge policies related to operating and maintaining wastewater treatment plants, including data collection and monitoring. Possess an active government Top Secret security clearance. Possess a valid state issued driver’s license.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Most positions involve work typical of a shop or outdoor environment, in varying weather conditions. Constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess planning and organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines. Equipment may be loud and noisy or have exposed moving components. Such positions may involve routine lifting up to 50 pounds, regular handling, grasping, kneeling and carrying, and constant use of vision and mental alertness is required. This classification may include occasional managing of hazardous materials or other environmental responsibilities.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Military Support
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 163554BR