AECOM Telecommunications Technician Foreman - RSS II in Las Vegas, Nevada
Business Line Government
Position Title Telecommunications Technician Foreman - RSS II
United States of America - Nevada
Purpose and Scope:
The Telecommunications Technician Foreman supervises technicians responsible for installation, repair and maintenance of medium to large integrated security systems, including electronic access control and intrusion detection. Ensures fire alarm systems are installed and maintained in accordance with NFPA, National Fire Protection Association and UFC, Unified Facilities Criteria.
1) Following protocols coordinate with fire department personnel prior to performing scheduled work on fire protection and/or alarm systems.
2) Install, inspect, test, maintain, repair fire protection systems to include; hydrants, fire sprinklers, and fire alarms.
3) Inspect, test, maintain, repair access/intrusion control systems, such as electric strikes and magnetic locks, PIR sensors, and proximity readers
4) Create pathways around/through and wiring doors
5) Firestop various types of cable and security penetrations
6) Provide as-built updates and system documentation when required
7) Analyze system failures and other unusual system occurrences to isolate the source of the problem and take appropriate action to resolve the inoperable problems.
8) Measures, cuts, and installs wires and cables.
9) Splices wires or cables, using hand tools or soldering iron.
10) Disassembles equipment and inspects and tests wiring to locate and repair problem.
11) Tests communication lines to ensure that specifications are met, using testing instruments such as voltmeter and data scope.
12) Order parts and materials as necessary to maintain inventory for routine and emergency maintenance and repairs.
13) Maintain records, forms, inventory of equipment and parts
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Position is represented by a Union Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Associate degree in technical field or, completion of a formal apprenticeship or similar accredited training program in telecommunications and a minimum of 5 or more years’ related experience, including 1 or more years supervisory experience. Possess Journeyman status. Knowledge of design principles of radio equipment, antenna design and construction required. Ability to use electronic testing equipment, and hand tools. Ability to maintain records, forms, inventory of equipment and parts required. Possess verbal and written communications skills to effectively supervise employees and communicate with other company and customer personnel. Must possess and maintain an active Top Secret Security Clearance. Possess a valid state issued driver’s license.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Duties are performed both indoors and outdoors. Outdoor duties may be performed on gravel, dirt, asphalt, concrete, or elevated equipment. Climbing stairs, ladders, towers and scaffolds, indoors or outdoors, to service/repair equipment or systems is required. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions. Ability to work in a field environment with some shift work, at remote locations with occasional over-night assignments. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Military Support
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 163595BR