AECOM Sprinkler Fitter - RSS II in Las Vegas, Nevada
Business Line Government
Position Title Sprinkler Fitter - RSS II
United States of America - Nevada
Purpose and Scope:
The incumbent is responsible to install, test, inspect, certify, and maintain automatic fire suppression systems in all types of structures. The sprinkler fitter will assist in design changes to existing systems and new system installs. Sprinkler systems can include an underground supply as well as integrated overhead piping systems and standpipes. The fire suppression piping may contain water, air (in a dry system), antifreeze, gas or chemicals as in a hood system, or a mixture producing fire retardant foam.
1) Work with a variety of pipe and tubing materials including several types of plastic, copper, steel, cast iron, and ductile iron.
2) Installation, maintenance, and testing of fire sprinkler systems in accordance with strict guidelines of building, fire codes and Government standards.
3) Operate various electrical and mechanical tools such as saws, wrenches, drills, pipe threaders, lifts, and even ladders.
4) Follow prescribed troubleshooting procedures and refer to technical manuals, part manuals, change notices and bulletins, modification notices, etc. to diagnose and repair equipment.
5) Detailed maintenance records are documented of each system in accordance with NFPA and Government criteria.
6) Coordinate with local fire department alarm and technical services function prior to beginning work.
7) Performs work in accordance with drawings, sketches, specifications, codes, and standards.
8) Selects type and size of pipe and related materials according to job specifications and pursuant to codes; inspects work sites to determine presence of obstructions and determine locations for needed holes; plans sequence of installation to avoid obstructions of other craft workers.
9) Assembles, installs, and repairs a variety of metal and nonmetal pipe and pipe fittings, including those made of brass, copper, glass, and plastic; joins by means of threaded, caulked, wipe soldered, brazed joints, or grooved couplings. (any required welding will be performed by a certified welder from another craft).
10) Performs inspections and maintenance of fire hydrants and sprinkler systems per National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA) codes.
11) Tests piping system for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of leaks.
12) Lays out reference points for installation of structural and functional components using tape, plumb bob, levels, squares, and individual lasers.
13) Uses oils, greases, and solvents to maintain and clean piping; cuts asbestos containing pipe and insulation, requiring employee to wear an air-purifying respirator.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested
Position is represented by a Union Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
High School diploma or equivalent. Four years of experience as a sprinkler fitter or completion of a certified apprenticeship program. Possess journeyman status. Must adhere to the standards set forth in the installation standards of NFPA 13, (NFPA) 13D,(NFPA) 13R, (NFPA 14) and (NFPA) 25 which are administered, copyrighted, and published by the National Fire Protection Association. Must be currently qualified and be able to demonstrate continued proficiency in accordance with Company procedures/policies. Possess an active government Top Secret security clearance. Possess a valid state issued driver’s license.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Work is performed indoors in non-climate controlled shop area, outdoors with exposure to extremes of heat/cold, or in attic crawl spaces while inspecting/repairing/installing sprinkler systems. Tools & Equipment Used: Hand/power tools, testing equipment, pipe, cutting torch, chisel, pipe cutters, soldering torch, solder, and other equipment as needed. This job requires tasks such as climbing, reaching, and bending to include frequent standing/walking on all types of terrain indoors/outdoors up to two to three miles per shift, depending upon assignment. Occasional sitting while performing administrative duties and reviewing plans and some bench work tasks. Frequent carrying 10 to 50 pounds of materials/parts/supplies. Devices are available for assistance in lifting/carrying up to 100 pounds. Frequent pushing/pulling while fabricating/installing piping systems using one or both hands/arms, exerting a force up to 50 pounds. Occasional to frequent climbing stairs and stepladders to reach attic areas for building sprinkling systems, typically three to eight feet. Frequent bending/twisting at waist/knees/neck while fabricating/installing/inspecting piping and sprinkling systems. Frequent kneeling/crouching while installing/inspecting ground level piping systems or working in attic areas; may be required to work in awkward positions for extended periods of time.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Military Support
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 163562BR