AECOM Safety Specialist - RSS II in Las Vegas, Nevada
Business Line Government
Position Title Safety Specialist - RSS II
United States of America - Nevada
Purpose and Scope:
Develop, coordinate, and implement Occupational Safety and Health Programs. Ensures compliance with all OSHA and related compliance activities, identifies and manages risk, establishes and implements HSE training/education program, responsible for incident reporting and investigation, conducting inspections and assessments, waste minimization, pollution prevention and control, and record keeping.
1) Develop plans, procedures, and policies to continuously improve the program.
2) Perform root cause analysis and provides guidance toward appropriate corrective action.
3) Develop, coordinate, and execute an effective safety training program.
4) Develop and maintain the safety and health program records-keeping and reporting system.
5) Provide leadership and direction in all areas of a risk assessment, loss control, regulatory compliance, and safety program.
6) Establish and implement short- and long-range organizational goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates programmatic and operational effectiveness, and effects changes required for improvement.
7) Plan and develop strategies for a comprehensive risk management program that includes appropriate performance records of all risk management programs.
9) Advise administration on appropriate risk management policies, procedures, and issues of safety.
10) Coordinate OSHA and other required training programs targeted to reduce employee injuries and lost work time.
11) Integrate employee assistance and risk management programs to ensure compliance, promote quality, and minimize company losses.
12) Keep abreast of pending regulatory developments through reference sources; obtains insight on legislative agendas at state and federal levels.
13) Recommend and participate in the development of policies and procedures; serves as an advisor to the Director and Site Supervisor during planning on risk management issues related to the design and construction of facilities.
14) Serve as liaison on Risk Management.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Safety or related field or equivalent and at least 1-3 years’ experience in occupational safety. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Familiarity with common business computer software applications is expected. Additional certification/accreditation (CIH, CSP, etc.) in the safety field is desirable. Must possess and maintain a Top Secret government Security Clearance.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and occasionally required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles outside weather conditions, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Active DoD Top Secret Clearance is Highly Desired
Local candidates preferred.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Safety / Health
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 164256BR