AECOM Quality Manager in Las Vegas, Nevada
Business Line Government
Position Title Quality Manager
United States of America - Nevada
Purpose and Scope:
Maintain and administer quality and safety programs to ensure a safe and compliant work environment. Maintain adherence to quality requirements established under ISO 9001. This position is critical in development of plans and programs for achieving and maintaining quality throughout contract life cycle; monitoring operations to verify adherence to quality plans and requirements; and analysis and investigation of adverse quality trends or conditions. Quality assurance focuses its activities on a team oriented protocol in the identification, prevention, and correction of unsatisfactory conditions or elements which negatively influence resource productivity, safety and customer support.
1) Responsible for overall development, implementation, and maintenance of quality assurance/control plans and programs.
2) Develop written quality and inspection plans.
3) Prepare quality inspection data, summarize results, and prepare reports or charts depicting pertinent relationships.
4) Ensure up to date plans, inspection schedules and reports are available to applicable contract and government personnel.
5) Manage, direct, and schedule assigned staff to perform QA duties associated with test and training range and critical base mission support activities.
6) Review contract activities and capabilities to ensure compliance of the quality program.
7) Analyze inspection findings to identify and resolve root causes and potentially oversee corrective actions.
8) Investigate and document all instances of contract non-compliance as relates to quality, safety and unsafe practices.
9) Report any unusual discrepancies or problems promptly to applicable leadership and provide recommend solutions.
10) Coordinate with department managers, supervisors and workers to improve and/or resolve issues.
11) Interface with the workforce and Government customers to ensure contract performance meets and/or exceeds expectations.
12) Respond to customer complaints and deficiency reports, working with the appropriate team to take appropriate measures to resolve.
13) Remain current on quality control practices and trends through training, publications, seminars, conferences and related trade shows.
14) Recommend new processes or inspection methods to improve quality.
15) Coordinate with contract ESOH Manager to develop and maintain health and safety environmental policies and procedures that align with the quality program.
16) Develop and deliver training programs in a manner that raises employee awareness and enables employees and supervisors to work safely.
17) Responsible for ongoing training of current employees to ensure they are up-to-date with current quality plans and quality program.
18) Provide guidance to managers and supervisors to assist them in the interpretation of and compliance with quality related contract requirements.
19) Conduct special evaluations, quality surveys and audits. Compile reports and findings of surveys and audits for company officials for review and make action recommendations as required.
20) Maintain current files of all technical documents, instructions, procedures and requirements necessary for implementation of an effective quality assurance program.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Bachelors’ degree in Quality Assurance, Engineering, Business Management or related field and 7 years of experience or equivalent training/experience. Possess excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, and management skills. Experience with MS office (Excel and Word) and integrated software applications. Detailed-oriented. Knowledge and application of assurance principles and techniques, and pertinent characteristics associated with critical base mission activities are desirable. Knowledge of the relationship of quality assurance to other activities such as contract administration, engineering, and supply. Experience conducting studies, investigations, and problem analysis, and developing logical and documented recommendations.
Position requires familiarity with and ability to stay current in general industry standards (29CRF 1910 and 1926), NFPA 101, ANSI Standards. Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top-Secret Security Clearance. Possess a valid state issued driver’s license.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines. Routine travel to contract operational sites is required.
Local candidates preferred.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Safety / Health
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 164431BR