AECOM Program Business Manager - RSS II in Las Vegas, Nevada
Business Line Government
Position Title Program Business Manager - RSS II
United States of America - Nevada
Purpose and Scope:
The Business Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating, and controlling business administration functions such as accounting, finance, budgets and related contract support activities.
1) Studies business methods in order to improve work flow, simplify reporting procedures, or implement cost reductions.
2) Analyzes business practices such as record keeping systems, personnel and budgetary requirements, and performance standards to create new systems or revise established procedures.
3) Prepares and analyzes annual budgets and financial forecasts.
4) Prepares administrative directions outlining policy and procedures.
5) Involved in the preparation of proposals.
6) Selects, hires, trains, and assigns business administration staff for new projects.
7) May take part in contract negotiations.
8) Establishes, directs, and maintains all business administration activities and procedures in accordance with company policies.
9) Provides project and company management with project financial and manpower information and forecasting.
10) A critical aspect of this position's function within a project is close liaison with such departments as the Controller, Human Resources, Materials Management, Equipment, Real Estate, etc.
11) Involved in the initial stages of project office and/or plant facilities selection and acquisition.
12) Hires personnel or negotiates agreements for management services such as security, maintenance, and grounds keeping.
13) Works with clients, vendors, subcontractors, etc. regarding the commercial terms of the contract, as well as maintains close contact with their counterparts in the client organization.
14) Under limited supervision, performs work requiring independent evaluation, selection, adaptation, and modification of standard techniques and procedures.
15) Demonstrates application of administrative and management principles, theories and concepts and has a working knowledge of other related disciplines.
16) Able to provide solutions to a wide range of problems and display the ability to coordinate the financial and administrative functions within the organization.
17) Completed work is reviewed for adequacy in meeting objectives.
18) Performs all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration or demonstrated equivalent. Experience: 6+ years of professional experience. Good oral and written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required. Position may require intermittent travel. Must possess and maintain a Top Secret Security Clearance. Possess a valid state issued driver’s license.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines.. Position may require travel. Possess a valid state issued driver’s license.
Active DoD Top Secret Clearance is Highly Desired
Local candidates preferred.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 164250BR