AECOM Power Production Mechanic Forman - RSS II in Las Vegas, Nevada
Business Line Government
Position Title Power Production Mechanic Forman - RSS II
United States of America - Nevada
Purpose and Scope:
The Power Production Mechanic Foreman provides direct supervision to skilled mechanics in the maintenance, repair and modification of diesel electric generating equipment and related equipment. Assigned crew installs, removes, operates, maintains, and repairs electrical power generating and control systems, aircraft arresting systems, and associated equipment.
1) Must have demonstrated ability to provide hands-on troubleshooting and maintenance for the generator sets.
2) Maintains, repairs, and services Power Generators at the unit, direct support and general support maintenance level.
3) Overhaul up to, but not including, rebuild of power generation equipment, internal combustion engines and associated equipment.
4) Additional responsibility for ordering and receiving service and replacement parts, coordinating generators and fuel tanks and inspecting and maintaining fuel tanks, fuel burners, and electrical wiring.
(5) Transports equipment, tools and fluids to and from work sites; operates and maintains equipment, tools and safety devices which are designed to lift, move, transport, repair, inspect, measure or protect.
(6) Overhaul of power generator components, including starters, alternators, generators, fuel injectors, voltage regulators, switches, control circuits, etc.
(7) Duties include servicing equipment and preparing service documentation.
(8) Observes and follows all safety rules and procedures, including wearing required personal safety equipment.
(9) May provide work direction/training to junior crew member(s).
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Position is represented by a Union Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
High school diploma or GED. Must have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in power generation equipment repairs, including supervisory roles. Completion of an approved apprenticeship program desired. Possess journeyman status. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with superiors, and subordinates. Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing. Must have a strong background with maintenance of reciprocating engines and hands-on experience with troubleshooting and maintenance for generator sets. Possess thorough knowledge of the methods, hazards, and safety precautions related to diesel engines and diesel engine driven electric generators. Ability to read and understand electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, service manuals, panels and meters. Knowledge of diesel fuel requirements, including filter change schedules. Automated transfer switch and switchgear experience desired. Possess verbal and written communications skills to effectively supervise employees and communicate with other company and customer personnel. Possess an active government Top Secret security clearance. Possess a valid state issued driver’s license.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Physical requirements include prolonged standing, moderate walking, repeated bending, and climbing, overhead work, working in cramped positions, lifting, pulling and pushing weights up to 100 pounds. Good vision (corrected or uncorrected) and good hearing (with or without a hearing aid) required. Must wear respirator as appropriate when applying cleaning solvents to generator components. Will work inside and outside in various weather conditions. Subject to rapid changes in temperature due to nature of work. Hazards include danger from gas fumes, falls, electric shock and burns, loud noise, cuts and bruises.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Military Support
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 163571BR