AECOM Pipefitter - RSS II in Las Vegas, Nevada
Business Line Government
Position Title Pipefitter - RSS II
United States of America - Nevada
Purpose and Scope:
Under direction of a Foreman, the incumbent is responsible to install, assemble, fabricate, maintain, repair and troubleshoot pipe carrying fuel, chemicals, water, steam and air in heating, cooling, lubricating and various other process piping systems. Piping typically consists of copper, PVC, CPVC, polyethylene, and galvanized pipe, which is typically glued, soldered, or threaded. Other types of piping systems include steam, ventilation, hydraulics, chemicals, fuel, and oil, flash and expansion tanks, condensate, vacuum, and circulating pumps and radiators.
(1) Performs work in accordance with drawings, sketches, specifications, codes, and standards using hoists, lift trucks, hand tools and power tools.
(2) Assembles, installs, and repairs a variety of metal and nonmetal pipe and pipe fittings including those made of brass, copper, glass, and plastic
(3) Lays out work and measures to locate position of pipe from drawings or other written specifications.
(4) Skill in aligning pipes, valves, and fittings to reassemble portions of systems requiring repairs.
(5) Selects type/size of pipe and related materials according to job specifications; plans sequence of installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other craft workers.
(6) Cuts various sizes of pipe to correct lengths with chisel and hammer, oxyacetylene torch or pipe-cutting machines, threading pipe with stocks and dies.
(7) Responsible for bending pipe by hand-driven or power-driven machines.
(8) Assembles pipe with couplings and fastening pipe to hangers.
(9) Tests piping system for leaks by increasing pressure in pipe and observing gauges attached to pipe for indications of leaks.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Position is represented by a Union Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
High School diploma or equivalent. Two years of experience as a pipefitter or completion of a certified apprenticeship program. Possess journeyman status. Must be currently qualified and be able to demonstrate continued proficiency in accordance with Company procedures/policies. Possess an active government Top Secret security clearance. Possess a valid state issued driver’s license.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is frequently required to walk: use hands to finger, handle, or feel: reach with hands and arms: talk or hear: and taste or smell. Requires climbing on ladders, scaffolding, and platforms: standing, bending, and working in cramped areas: lifting and carrying tools and equipment which occasionally may weigh over 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Military Support
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 163583BR