AECOM Maximo Database Administrator - RSS II in Las Vegas, Nevada
Business Line Government
Position Title Maximo Database Administrator - RSS II
United States of America - Nevada
Purpose and Scope:
1) Provide technical consulting in the definition, design, and creation of a database environment.
2) Assist applications development staff and users on database solutions to business problems, data architectures, database management system facilities and capabilities, and the operation and tuning of databases.
3) Implement and maintain databases with respect to access methods, access time, batch processes, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
4) Include maintenance of database dictionaries, and integration of systems through database design.
5) Maintain expertise in use of automated tools for database design and implementation.
6) Maintain and documents shell scripts and batch processes.
7) Ensure that documentation is complete and up-to-date.
8) Develop and apply procedures for periodic database backup.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Bachelor degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field, or equivalent experience, and two to four years minimum of related experience is required. Good written and oral communication skills and familiarity with word processing, database, spreadsheet programs and integrated software applications are required. Qualify for and maintain a Top Secret security clearance. Possess a valid state issued driver’s license
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, and constant mental alertness; must possess planning/organizing skills and be able to work under deadlines.
Active DoD Top Secret Clearance is Highly Desired
Local candidates preferred.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Information Technology
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 164247BR