AECOM HRAC Mechanic/Plumber - RSS II in Las Vegas, Nevada
Business Line Government
Position Title HRAC Mechanic/Plumber - RSS II
United States of America - Nevada
Purpose and Scope:
Responsible for the installation and maintenance of a wide range of commercial and residential heating and cooling systems including heat pumps, furnaces, air conditioners, refrigeration units and other ventilation, dehumidification, heating and cooling systems.
1) Install and troubleshoot motors, fuel lines, air vents, fans, and pumps
2) Connect electrical wires, using precision hand and power tools, and reading various gauges.
3) Combines practical knowledge with the information found in blueprints and instruction manuals to work on HRAC system
4) Provides routine maintenance/repair of refrigeration and heating equipment to include not limited to evaporative coolers, air conditioners, water coolers, air filtering, dehumidification and similar equipment, furnaces and boilers.
5) Repairs/replaces worn/defective parts such as piston rings, valves, bearings, connecting rods, crankshafts, seals and gaskets in refrigeration and air compressors. Measures/cuts flexible tubing to desired lengths and shapes tubing using bending springs and hand-type being jigs.
6) Installs tubing and fittings by welding, brazing, soldering and flaring.
7) Removes and cleans air conditioning filters.
8) Performs a variety of electrical and related work needed to diagnose and repair electrical components within the system including, inspecting electrical motors for malfunctions such as bearings leaking oil, improperly operating oil rings, hand test for hot bearings and tightening electrical connections.
9) Use creativity and accumulated knowledge to suggest repairs in non-routine situations.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Position is represented by a Union Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
High school diploma or GED and specific training and thorough knowledge in facility HRAC maintenance. A minimum of 3 years of verifiable work experience is required. Possess journeyman status. Ability to read and understand blueprints, work orders, inspection reports and specifications. Knowledge of principals and theories of air conditioning and refrigeration, dehumidification and air conditioning systems. Must have the ability to weld, braze and solder. Ability to calculate air flow and pressure temperature characteristics for various systems. Hold site certification for operation of heavy equipment. EPA Freon Recovery license required. Possess an active government Top Secret security clearance. Possess a valid state issued driver’s license.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Physical requirements include prolonged standing, moderate walking, repeated bending, and climbing, overhead work, working in cramped positions, lifting, pulling and pushing weights up to 100 pounds. Good vision (corrected or uncorrected) and good hearing (with or without a hearing aid) required. Must wear respirator when applying cleaning solvents to cooling tower. Will work inside and outside in various weather conditions. Subject to rapid changes in temperature due to nature of work. Hazards include danger from gas fumes, falls, electric shock and burns, cuts and bruises.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Military Support
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 163590BR