AECOM Engineer 6 (Mechanical Engineer) in Lakehurst, New Jersey
Business Line Government
Position Title Engineer 6 (Mechanical Engineer)
United States of America - New Jersey
AECOM has an immediate opening for a Mechanical Engineer at our Lakehurst, NJ facility.
Perform as a lead and expert on the most complex mechanical engineering assignments in planning and overseeing research, development, design, manufacture, test, installation, operation, and maintenance of diverse aviation mechanical components and systems and generally recognized as an expert in significant engineering task areas.
1) Perform a range of design development, analysis, or review tasks independently providing supervision of contributing engineers.
2) Responsible for complete designs, analyses, or design reviews independently or as the team leader.
3) Generate complete design specifications for the most complex projects.
4) Acts as and is recognized as a Company/industry expert resource on the most complex engineering problems.
5) May lead engineering teams and act as a mentor to engineering team members.
6) May train other engineers on technical issues related to the research, design, development, testing and analysis of engineering assignments.
7) Coordinate and work closely with other engineering, logistics, financial, and program management disciplines to define system specifications and requirements.
8) Establish and maintain a filing system or databases as needed for tracking project status.
9) Develop, maintain and produce technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications.
10) Direct interface and liaison with internal and external customers at all levels from quotation to final design and test activities, design reviews and technical working group meetings to comply with requirements and specifications.
11) Conduct site visits and experimental investigations and analyze engineering problems, propose solutions and alternatives, and provide recommendations.
12) Verify and comply with engineering documentation standards and test procedures.
13) Prepare, deliver and submit technical papers and perform engineering studies.
14) Support development of technical proposal and provide comments on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work.
15) May provide technical management and leadership to a group of employees for a given project, contract or job with overall responsibility for cost, schedule technical and employee performance.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelors degree in Engineering or related scientific field and at least 10 years of job-related experience or equivalent within military aviation.
Blackhawk and Beechcraft Engineering experience a PLUS.
Excellent communications and analytical skills; working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, AUTOCAD, etc...
Some positions may require the ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and design solutions to problems in operational hardware and software.
Position may require travel.
Position requires the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
Job Category Military Support
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 165394BR