AECOM Accountant III in Lakehurst, New Jersey
Requisition/Vacancy No. 147188BR
Position Title Accountant III
Job Category Logistics and Supply Chain
Business Line Government
Country United States of America
State/Province/Region USA - New Jersey
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
AECOM’s Global Support Services (GSS) organization resides within AECOM’s Government business line and is comprised of three divisions — International Development, Operations and Mission Support, and Global Programs. GSS has the international presence, personnel networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission, anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world. GSS supports the U.S. Government, non-U.S. Governments and industry clients with worldwide program management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation services, security, international development, environmental and civil engineering and mission and intelligence support.
AECOM has an immediate opening for an Accountant at Lakehurst, NJ.
• Responsible for examining, analyzing, interpreting and maintaining accounting records for the purpose of giving advice and/or preparing statements. Positions that fall within this job family will function in both the field and office.
• Prepare financial spreadsheets to rack weekly and monthly costs from reports provided through Cost Point.
• Collect and analyze cost and schedule performance data and develop supportable cost projections based on historical trends and bases
• Monitor labor by labor categories and charge numbers for project costs.
• Provide customer support as required through reporting or inquiries.
• Participate in program management reviews and financial administration meetings.
• Prepare and coordinate inputs for status reports, briefings, and information inquiries.
• Prepare project financial forecasts on monthly basis; analyze variances.
• Position may require travel.
• Estimating experience with government contracts desired.
• Experience with working government programs desired.
• Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or demonstrated equivalent is required.
Must have four (4) or more years of professional developmental experience.
A CPA or MBA is preferred.
Good oral and written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required.
Position requires the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
Preferred Qualifications N/A
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.