AECOM Aircraft Worker in Jacksonville, Florida
Requisition/Vacancy No. 149352BR
Position Title Aircraft Worker
Job Category Maintenance
Business Line Government
Country United States of America
State/Province/Region USA - Florida
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
AECOM’s Global Support Services (GSS) organization resides within AECOM’s Government business line and is comprised of three divisions — International Development, Operations and Mission Support, and Global Programs. GSS has the international presence, personnel networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission, anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world. GSS supports the U.S. Government, non-U.S. Governments and industry clients with worldwide program management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation services, security, international development, environmental and civil engineering and mission and intelligence support.
The Aircraft Worker Plane Captain makes repairs to aircraft following orders of higher grade worker. This work will be inspected by supervisors or quality assurance representatives for general compliance with accepted practices; assists in troubleshooting malfunctions in aircraft structure, landing gear, flight surfaces and controls, anti-icing, hydraulic systems, engines, auxiliary power unit, and ventilation and heating systems, removes, cleans, reinstalls, or replaces defective parts, accessories, and components such as worn gaskets, couplings, and fittings, bad actuators, accumulators, gauges, fuel and oil lines. This worker may make adjustments and settings such as cable tension and seat movement settings and adjustments; will obtain standard parts by referring to parts manuals and by making comparisons with samples; will perform pre-flight and post-flight maintenance inspections in support of flight schedule; will enter in the maintenance records description of the work performed; may remove, install, and seal panels; will services engines and other various aircraft components; will perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on the P3C aircraft, short of overhaul, required to keep aircraft in safe operating condition; will be required to carry tool boxes to and from aircraft; will perform preoperational inspection and operate ground support equipment such as electrical power supply, tow tractors, and engine starting units. The Aircraft Worker could perform this work up to 7 days and 40 hours a week and overtime depending on operational tempo.
To be considered, candidates must submit a resume directly online at www.aecom.com
For more information please call 469-888-4418.
• AECOM is now hiring qualified P3C Aircraft Workers in support of U.S. NAVY aircraft maintenance operations at Naval Air Station Jacksonville, Jacksonville, FL.
• Shift work and detachment required. High School graduate or equivalent with a minimum two (2) years actual and recent organizational level aircraft flight line or aircraft carrier flight deck servicing experience is recommended.
• Must have completed military aviation maintenance training or maintenance technical school curriculum or possess an FAA issued A&P license. Prior experience with U.S. Navy servicing operations on P3C aircraft highly preferred.
• Knowledge and use of special tools/equipment required to perform assigned maintenance tasks is mandatory.
• Work is performed primarily outdoors under all types of weather conditions with exposure to loud noise and exhaust fumes.
• Ability to read and interpret technical publications, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Should be a self-motivator and work with minimum supervision.
• Must be able to meet physical requirements associated with and/or pass any medical examination requirements related to performing daily assigned tasks.
• There is a great deal of standing, climbing, bending and stooping.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
• “Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the English language.
Candidate must be able to obtain an approved status from the Contractor Verification System, which includes a 7 year background check and maintain a security clearance for Public Trust
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.