AECOM Aircraft Servicer/ AME in Jacksonville, Florida
Requisition/Vacancy No. 149790BR
Position Title Aircraft Servicer/ AME
Job Category Maintenance
Business Line Government
Country United States of America
State/Province/Region USA - Florida
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
AECOM’s Global Support Services (GSS) organization resides within AECOM’s Government business line and is comprised of three divisions — International Development, Operations and Mission Support, and Global Programs. GSS has the international presence, personnel networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission, anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world. GSS supports the U.S. Government, non-U.S. Governments and industry clients with worldwide program management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation services, security, international development, environmental and civil engineering and mission and intelligence support.
Candidate assists in troubleshooting, repairs, modifies, and replaces components of P-3 environmental/egress and related systems following orders of higher grade worker, using hand tools, test equipment, and support equipment as required. Must have 1 year o-level aircraft environmental/egress system maintenance experience, 1 year inspector experience (CDI) preferred. Performs servicing activities on various aircraft including fuel and oil, and operates equipment necessary to perform these functions.
Candidate may direct incoming and outgoing aircraft near hangar areas, to assist pilot maneuvering of aircraft on the ground, using hand or light signals. Servicer secures aircraft in parking position with chocks, tie down chains, and grounding wires. May perform fueling/de-fueling, engine oil servicing, and check for fuel contamination by draining samples from low point drains. Operate ground support equipment such as electrical power supply, tow tractors, light carts and engine starting units. Cleans exterior or interior of aircraft, using portable platform ladders, brushes, rags, water hose, and vacuums interior floors of aircraft.
To be considered, candidates must submit a resume directly online at www.aecom.com
For more information please call 469-888-4418.
• Must have 1 year o-level environmental/egress system maintenance experience, 1 year inspector experience (CDI) preferred and be a graduate of Navy Class “A” School.
• Prior experience with U.S. Navy operations on P3 Aircraft highly preferred. Knowledge and use of special tools/equipment required to perform assigned maintenance tasks is mandatory.
• Shift work and detachments are required.
• Ability to read and interpret technical publications, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Must be able to meet physical requirements associated with and/or pass any medical examination requirements related to performing daily assigned tasks.
• There is a great deal of standing, climbing, bending, and stooping. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Work is performed primarily outdoors under all types of weather conditions with exposure to loud noise and exhaust fumes.
• Must be able to obtain an approved status from the Contractor Verification System which includes a 7 year back ground check and obtain a Security Clearance for Public trust.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.